|TCC Presidential Profile (PDF)|
The Tulsa Community College Board of Regents seeks highly qualified applicants for the position of President and Chief Executive Officer. Serving more than 28,000 credit students and offering a wide variety of academic and continuing education programs, Tulsa Community College is dedicated to providing higher education access and success to students in a five-county region.
TCC is Oklahoma’s largest community college with more students and more degree earners than any other community college in the state. The College offers students a choice of 228 associate degrees and certificate majors. TCC serves a dynamic and increasingly diverse student population. Through innovative, nationally recognized initiatives, TCC fosters a culture of engagement and success. One signature program, Tulsa Achieves, offers up to 100% tuition and fees for up to 63 credit hours for all qualifying Tulsa County graduating high school seniors as part of its efforts to support local citizens who provide a third of the operating revenue for TCC.
TCC is embedded in the educational, economic and cultural life of Tulsa. It serves as a key partner for major employers, higher education institutions, and local foundations to create a strong workforce and entrepreneurial environment for citizens. Tulsa Community College is the only public two-year undergraduate institution serving Tulsa and as such has a special role to play in providing access and civic support in addressing economic needs of the city. This commitment is reflected in the College’s core values: student success, excellence, stewardship, innovation, and diversity with a focus on integrity and quality and a commitment to education leadership at the local, state and national level.
The next President of Tulsa Community College will be a visionary, a “servant leader” who understands and recognizes the need to balance external pressures of accountability while protecting academic quality. He/she will take the college to the next level of achievement by integrating a global view and building on the strong academic foundation at TCC that is marked by quality education, exemplary support services, and commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
Opportunities and Challenges
- Continue the strong commitment to student success and program completion, and focus on “Completing the Dream” (TCC’s next phase of the national “Achieving the Dream” initiative) by supporting innovation and intentionally scaling up successful approaches to retention, developmental education, and student support services.
- Continue to build on the “One College” concept through trust, collegiality, transparency, and communication at all levels of the institution
- Establish long-term priorities for the college by undertaking a new comprehensive strategic planning process including review of the mission
- Address the work force needs of the region and the needs of the adult workforce by strengthening collaboration and alliances with business and industry.
- Effectively navigate the changing and increasingly competitive higher education environment
- Continue to advocate for additional funding while seeking new sources of support and resources from public and private avenues
- Actively advocate for TCC with legislative and policy-making bodies in an environment that includes decreasing state revenue and increasing accountability
- Promote the importance of global awareness and education to enhance the local economy and prepare a globally proficient workforce.
- An academic leader who is well versed in innovative approaches to teaching and learning with a track record of student success
- A strategic and tactical leader who will focus on establishing priorities
- An effective communicator who listens and can forcefully articulate a vision for the college
- A visible advocate who will build connectivity and effectively navigate the political arena
- A leader who commands respect and effectively networks through active leadership with business and industry and the civic community
- A student-centered educator who is genuinely passionate about serving students and has a strong understanding of student services
- An approachable leader and a collegial administrator who builds trust and brings people together
- Significant experience in fundraising and working with a college foundation
- A track record of supporting and valuing the contribution of all staff
- A technology-savvy individual with a strong knowledge of information systems
- Continue to support and develop alliances and partnerships with business and industry, K-12, community agencies, and government
- Commitment to diversity and inclusiveness
- A person with integrity, who supports transparency, and who is adaptable and capable of leading change
- A leader with high expectations, who can delegate, persuade and uphold his/her convictions
- Experience with accreditation and familiarity with new models such as the Open Pathways process
- Experience working with a governing Board of Regents
- An individual with a sense of humor
Minimum Qualifications preferred:
- A doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution or equivalent
- Experience in a community college environment
- Understanding of the classroom teaching experience
- Significant experience at the senior executive administration level
For more information, confidential inquiries, or to submit a nomination, please contact Dr. Narcisa Polonio, ACCT Executive VP Education, Research and Board Leadership Services at 202-276-1983, email@example.com or John Steinecke, ACCT Search Services Specialist at 202-384-6539, firstname.lastname@example.org.
*An ACCT Search*ShareThis