The Service-Learning initiative of Completing the Dream will formalize and highlight the Service-Learning Program at Tulsa Community College by encouraging faculty and students to participate in Service-Learning in the classroom.
Goals of the program are:
- Standardizing the definition of Service-Learning at the College
- Developing a communication plan to disseminate resources regarding Service-Learning
- Creating a faculty and student incentive and recognition plan for those involved in Service-Learning
- Creating an independent study course option for Service-Learning
- Standardizing and formalizing the job duties of the Service-Learning faculty coordinators
- Creating an assessment tool to measure the efficacy of Service-Learning and to focus on program improvement
Innovation team leaders are Lisa Gerow, Associate Professor of Nursing, and Lindsay White, Director of Student and Community Engagement.