Rathke will be in Tulsa on Oct. 25 and Oct. 26 to present free public talks and workshops at the Thomas K. McKeon Center for Creativity at the Tulsa Community College Metro Campus, 910 S. Boston Avenue.
The events include several sessions with TCC art, design and theatre students. The topics range from Rathke’s creative process to creating a portfolio of work and applying for jobs. Rathke will host a workshop where up to 30 people will work in small groups to design and build a flying puppet. Finally, Rathke will detail his career and creative journey, Designing Puppets & Beyond, during a public presentation 6 p.m., Tuesday, Oct. 25.
Tuesday, Oct 25
- 10:15 a.m. Chat with Kip Rathke about his creative process.
- 12 - 2 p.m. Create flying puppet creatures with Kip. Seats are limited. Contact email@example.com to register for the workshop.
- 6 - 7 p.m. Hear about Kip's career in his presentation, Designing Puppets & Beyond.
Wednesday, Oct. 26
- 10 a.m. Kip discusses creating a portfolio and applying for jobs in his presentation, What Makes a Good Portfolio?
- 5 p.m. Q&A session with Kip and TCC theatre students. *Please note, this event is at the VanTrease Performing Arts Center for Education Studio Theatre on the TCC Southeast Campus at 81st Street and Highway 169.