The Nursing Program admits a new class each Spring at Metro Campus and each Fall at Owasso Campus. Prospective applicants need to meet all the admissions criteria specified below. Applicants will be admitted based on the following: 1. Nelson Denny test score, 2. Overall GPA, 3. Science GPA.
Deadlines for application submission:
- Fall 2015 Semester Owasso Admission: First Monday in April
- Substitutions/Exceptions are due the first Monday of March
- Spring 2016 Semester Metro Admission: First Monday in September
- Substitutions/Exceptions are due the first Monday of August
All applicants will be notified in writing of their admission status within six to eight weeks of the application deadline dates.
|ENGL 1113||Freshman Composition I||3|
|ENGL 1213||Freshman Composition II||3|
|PSYC 1113||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|BIOL 1224||Introduction to Biology for Majors||4|
|CHEM 1114||Principles of Chemistry||4|
|BIOL 2134||Human Anatomy||4|
|BIOL 2154||General Physiology||4|
- Completion of the following prerequisite semester courses (or their substitutes) with a minimum grade of a "C:"
- Submit all College transcripts; 2.5 Overall Grade Point Average (GPA) required.
- Completion of the Nelson-Denny Reading Test.
- Have a current, unrestricted license as an LPN in Oklahoma.
- If graduated from a non-NLNAC accredited Practical Nursing program, score a "C" or higher on Excelsior College Exam # 310, Adult Nursing.
Upon acceptance into the Nursing Program you will need to provide documentation of:
- Current CPR card - Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association). Note: Online certification is not accepted.
- Completed health record with required documentation of annual TB, Varicella or chickenpox, two MMR, HEP B and flu or declination.
- National background check.
BSN Articulation Option
Nursing Program Transfer Policy
Estimated Expenses LPN/Paramedic Advanced Placement Track
Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening Requirements