The Nursing Program admits a new class each spring semester at Metro Campus and each fall semester at Owasso campus. The next class accepted to Metro Campuswill begin Spring 2016. The next class accepted to Owasso Campuswill begin Fall 2015. Prospective applicants need to meet all the admissions criteria specified below. Applicants will be selected on a point system based on the Nelson Denny test, science grades, and overall college GPA.
Deadlines for application submission:
- Metro Campus Spring semester: The first Monday in September
- Owasso Campus Fall semester: The first Monday in April
- Note: If requesting an exception or substitution to the admissions criteria your application must be submitted by the first Monday one month prior to these deadlines. (Please see Application Packet for more details.)
All applicants will be notified in writing of their admission status within 4 weeks of the application deadline.
Specific prerequisites must be met before applying to the Nursing Program.
|ENGL 1113||Composition I||3|
|ENGL 1213||Composition II||3|
|PSYC 1113||Introduction to Psychology||3|
|BIOL 1224||Introduction to Biology for Majors||4|
|CHEM 1114||Principles of Chemistry||4|
|BIOL 2134||Human Anatomy||4|
|BIOL 2154||Human Physiology||4|
- Completion of prerequisite courses (or their substitutes approved and documented on degree plan)
- All courses must be passed with a minimum grade of C or better.
- Cumulative college GPA minimum 2.5.
- Completion of the Nelson Denny test. Call the Nursing Division Office at 918-595-7075 to enroll.
- Current unrestricted licensure as an LPN in the State of Oklahoma or National Paramedic Registration .
Upon acceptance into the Nursing Program you will need:
- Current CPR card - Healthcare Provider, American Heart Association (AHA).
- Completed health record with required documentation of annual TB and Flu shot or declination, and evidence of immunity to Varicella or chickenpox, Tdap, Measles, Mumps, Rubella, and Hepatitus B vaccination or declination.
- Drug Screening and Criminal Background Check (CBC), including but not limited to a 7 year county of residence and nationwide criminal history check, national sexual predator screening, Social Security check, and Medicare/Medicaid fraud screening.
NOTE: If you plan to further your education beyond the Associate's Degree Nursing Program offered at TCC, please refer to the Pre-Nursing Degree Plan in the catalog for additional courses required to obtain a Bachelor's Degree in Nursing from another institution.
BSN Articulation Option
Nursing Program Transfer Policy
Estimated Expenses LPN/Paramedic Career Mobility Track
Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening Requirements