Traditional RN Track Admissions Criteria
The Nursing Program admits a new class each spring semester. Applicants will be admitted based on the following:
1. Nelson Denny test score
2. Overall GPA, 3. Science GPA
Deadline for submission of an application is:
- Spring semester -- First Monday in September
- Exceptions or substitutions are due by the first Monday of August
1. Completion of the following prerequisite semester courses (or their substitutes) with a minimum grade of a "C:"
Course Credit Hours ENGL 1113 Freshman Composition I 3 PSYC 1113 Introduction to Psychology 3 BIOL 1224 Introduction to Biology for Majors 4 CHEM 1114 Principles of Chemistry 4 BIOL 2134 Human Anatomy 4 18 Credit Hours
2. Submit all College transcripts; 2.5 Overall Grade Point Average (GPA) required
3. Completion of the Nelson Denny Test
4. Submit current CNA certification. If CNA was not taken at TCC, complete TCC's Skills Competency Test
Complete NURS 2991, Activities of Daily Living
Complete TCC's Patient Care Technician Program
Upon acceptance into the Nursing Program you will need to provide documentation of:
Current CPR card - Healthcare Provider (American Heart Association).
Note: Online certification is not accepted.
- Completed Health Record with required documentation of annual TB, Varicella or chickenpox, two MMR, HEP B and flu or declination.
- National background check.
ADN/RN Curriculum Overview
Detailed ADN/RN Curriculum Plan
Full-time ADN Program
Application to the Nursing Program
Associate Degree Nursing Program
Associate Degree in Nursing Expenses
Criminal Background Check and Drug Screening Requirements
RN ADN Program FAQ
BSN Articulation Option