Are you stumped by Grammar? Just getting started on a paper? Planning your draft?
Working on a rough draft? Polishing?
You have come to the right place!
We are here to help you!
- Tutoring sessions are free for TCC students.
- You can meet with a tutor at any stage of the writing process. Be on time. If you are too late, the tutor may move on to the next appointment.
- Bring your assignment sheet and whatever work you have done on your paper.
- If you want to work on your writing skills, try to bring work that has already been graded by your professor.
- Ask questions. We are here to help.
Writing Center tutors WILL:
- Help you understand assignment / instructor's expectations.
- Help you get started on a paper.
- Provide constructive feedback on writing at any stage.
- Discuss ways to make your writing clear and effective.
- Offer guidance on organization.
- Help you find your error patterns to avoid and correct them.
- Help you learn "MLA, APA, or any other writing style".
- Help you learn to edit and proofread your own papers.
Writing Center tutors WILL NOT:
- Proofread or edit your paper for you.
- Take responsibility for any part of your paper.
- Create any portion of your paper for you.
- Grade your paper or offer any suggestion of a grade.
You may also e-mail the tutor: SECWrite@tulsacc.edu