Admissions and Registration

Back to Table of Contents

The admission criteria set forth below are the minimum standards established by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Although they provide for “open door” admission to the College, certain programs require additional standards to be met before a student is admitted. Selected workforce development programs require that a separate program application for admission be submitted prior to entry into specific courses.

The policies and procedures of Tulsa Community College have been formulated and adopted to assure the student of comprehensive services by the institution. They are designed to assure the institution of complete recognition and services from accrediting agencies, institutions of higher education, employers, and funding agencies.

We believe student success is enhanced with assessment of basic skills, orientation to college, and placement in courses that will meet the individual’s needs. Details on the assessment/orientation/placement policies for Tulsa Community College are available in this catalog.

Qualifications for Admissions
The Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education require students to document their prior education within completion of the first nine credit hours of college coursework. As a result, although students may enroll for their first term at TCC without presenting their credentials (ex: high school transcript or transcripts from other colleges attended), students must submit the required records prior to re-enrollment to avoid an enrollment hold. For questions, visit any TCC Enrollment Services Office.

The Oklahoma State Regents require students to clear all curricular and/or academic performance deficiencies within their first 24 credit hours of college coursework. Students who have not removed all deficiencies or demonstrated appropriate proficiencies at the time will have a hold placed on enrollment and must work with a TCC enrollment advisor, who will recommend appropriate courses to clear all remaining curricular and/or academic performances deficiencies. For questions, visit any TCC Academic Advisement Center.

Students may qualify for admission to Tulsa Community College in a variety of ways. The different types of admissions are as follows:

I. Admission Directly from High School/GED

A. For Students Seeking Admission to Associate Degree and Certificate Programs.
Any individual who (a) is a graduate of an accredited high school or has achieved a high school equivalency certificate based on the GED (high school class must have graduated), and (b) has participated in the ACT or a similar acceptable battery of tests, is eligible for admission. (If there is an enrollment limit, Oklahoma residents will be given priority.) GED recipients whose high school class has not graduated should contact the Enrollment Service Office on any TCC campus to inquire about the current admissions requirements and admission procedure.

B. High School Curricular Requirements for Programs Leading to Associate in Arts, and Associate in Science, and Degrees: 

(Units/Years) Course Areas

(4) English (Grammar, Composition, Literature; should include an integrated writing component

(3) Lab Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, or any lab science certified by school district; General Science with or without a lab may not be used to meet this requirement)

(3) Mathematics (from Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Mathematics Analysis, Calculus, Applied Mathematics with Algebra I & II, Advanced Placement Statistics)

(3) History (including 1 unit of U.S. History) Citizenship skills, two additional units from: Economics, Geography, History, Government and Non-Western Culture

(3) Other (from any of the subjects listed above or selected from the following: Computer Science, Foreign Language, or any Advanced Placement Course)
16 Total

In addition to the previous requirements, the following subjects are recommended for college preparation:
(Units/Years) Course Areas
(2) Additional units: Fine Arts - music, art, drama, speech
(1) Units: Lab Science (as described previously)
(1) Units: Mathematics (as described previously)
4 Total

Basic skills courses: English, Science and Mathematics (deficiencies may be removed through testing.)

Guided electives: History, Citizenship, and others (deficiencies are removed by college level coursework). World History will count toward Non-Western Culture.

While these curricular requirements will normally be met by students in grades 9 through 12, advanced students who complete these courses in earlier grades will not be required to take additional courses for purposes of admission. The remainder of the units required by the State Board of Education for high school graduation may be selected from courses to meet students’ individual needs and interests. 

Students lacking curricular requirements in the basic skills courses (English, Mathematics and Science) are admissible into Associate in Science or Associate in Arts programs in the community colleges but must remove the deficiencies at the earliest possible time, but no later than within the first 24 hours attempted, or have all subsequent enrollments restricted until the deficiencies are removed. In addition, students must remove curricular deficiencies in a discipline area before taking a collegiate level course in that discipline.

C. High School Curricular Requirements for Admission to Other Degree or Certificate Programs
Students entering Associate in Applied Science degree or certificate programs must meet high school curricular requirements for a particular course area before taking courses in the same discipline as part of the degree. Students admitted under this provision must meet all the high school curricular requirements before transferring into an Associate in Arts, Associate in Science or baccalaureate program (See I.B. and I.D.)

D. Removing High School Curricular Deficiencies
1. Curricular deficiencies in English, Mathematics and Science may be removed by:

a) successful completion (grade “C” or higher) of a zero-level course: English - ENGL 0933; Lab Science - BIOL 0123 or PHSC 0123; Mathematics - MATH 0123 or MATH 0105.; or b) testing (ACT or appropriate placement exam score) at the appropriate proficiency levels. (Zero-level courses do not count toward satisfaction of degree program requirements.)
2. A history deficiency may be removed by successfully completing a three-credit-hour history course in addition to the three-credit-hour U.S. History needed for graduation.
3. All other elective curricular deficiencies may be met by completing the stated course area.

II. Special Admission Programs

A. Adult Admission
1. Students who are 21 years of age or older or on active military duty may be admitted based on criteria established at Tulsa Community College and submitted to and approved by the State Regents. For students admitted under the adult admission category, the campus must consider the probability of the academic success of the student. Related to the curricular requirements, students admitted under the adult admission category must demonstrate proficiency to the satisfaction of the admitting institution in the curricular area the student desires to pursue. Students should contact the Enrollment Services Office on any campus for admissions processing. Institutions will be required to submit an annual report of those students admitted in this category to the State Regents.

2. Any student who (1) is not a high school graduate but whose high school class has graduated and (2) has participated in the ACT, appropriate placement exam score or similar battery of tests is eligible for admission to any of the two-year colleges in the State System. Remediation may be required depending on level of test score. Contact the Enrollment Services Office for admissions processing. GED students not meeting the above criteria should contact any Enrollment Services Office.

B. Special Non-Degree-Seeking Student
Students who wish to enroll in courses without intending to pursue a degree may enroll in no more than nine hours without providing transcripts. Proficiency assessments and prerequisite verification are required before enrolling in certain courses. Retention standards will be enforced for all students. Students must be degree seeking and provide all credentials to be eligible for financial aid. Contact the Enrollment Services Office on any campus to discuss the nondegree objective.

C. Home Study or Unaccredited High School Graduates
An individual who is a graduate of a private, parochial, or other non-public high school which is not accredited by a recognized accrediting agency is eligible for admission to an institution in the State System as follows:
1. The student must have participated in the American College Testing or Scholastic Aptitude Test program.
2. The student’s high school class of his or her peers must have graduated.
3. The student must satisfy the high school curricular requirements for the institution to which he/she is applying, as certified by the high school or, in the case of home study, the parent.
Note: Students under 17 years of age are not eligible for Federal Title IV funds. (Pell, SEOG, Loans)

D. Concurrent Enrollment of High School Students
Admission Requirements

  • Students must be juniors or seniors. Students who are home schooled or attending unaccredited high schools must be at least 16 years of age as a junior and 17 years of age as a senior.
  • Students must have participated in the ACT and made the following composite scores: juniors 21 (ACT) and seniors 19 (ACT).
  • Those who have participated in the ACT and did not meet the score requirements may be considered for admission purposes based on their high school GPA. Juniors must have a 3.5 GPA and seniors must have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and

Enrollment Requirements

  • Juniors and seniors must score 21 (ACT) in Mathematics to enroll in a Mathematics course and 19 (ACT) in all other subject areas to be eligible to enroll in other courses.
  • Students must also meet the high school curricular requirements for a particular course area before taking courses in that same discipline. High school seniors desiring to enroll in English courses must have completed three (3) units of high school English and be currently enrolled in senior English.

Students must complete an Application for Admission online at at least two business days prior to enrollment and provide the following documents to the Director of Enrollment Services on the campus offering the class:

  • Concurrent Enrollment Application*
  • Current official high school transcript
  • Official ACT

All documents must be received in advance of intended enrollment to allow time for processing.

ACE Tuition Waiver Scholarships are awarded on a “First come-first served basis” as funds are available. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of six (6) credit hours per term and must follow the policy regulations. Contact Enrollment Services staff on any TCC campus for high school concurrent enrollment details.

High school students who have provided the appropriate documents and meet score requirements must follow the criteria below:

  • Combined high school and college courses enrollment will not exceed 19 credit hours per long term or 9 credit hours in the summer. 
  • Students may not enroll in zero-level courses designed to remove deficiencies.
  • Re-enrollment is contingent upon the student achieving a 2.0 GPA at TCC.

All other students not qualified by grade level may be considered for enrollment under the Opportunity Admissions category. A detailed explanation of the Oklahoma State Regents’ policy on concurrent enrollment is available from any TCC Admission/Enrollment Services Office.
Note: Questions regarding admissions or enrollment should be directed to the Enrollment Services Office on the campus the student plans to attend. Admission to the institution does not guarantee eligibility for course placement.
* The High School Concurrent Application may be obtained from your principal, counselor, or the Enrollment Services Office on any TCC campus.

E. Opportunity Admissions Category
Students who have not graduated from high school whose Composite Standard Score on the ACT places them at the 99th percentile using Oklahoma norms or whose combined Verbal and Mathematical score on the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) places them at the 99th percentile using national norms may apply for full enrollment at a college or university of The Oklahoma State System of Higher Education. The college or university will determine admissibility based on test score, evaluation of the student’s level of maturity and ability to function in the adult college environment, and whether the experience will be in the best interest of the student intellectually and socially. Proficiency assessments may be required before enrolling in certain courses.

F. Cooperative Agreement Enrollment of Career Technology Center Students
Eligible adult and high school students in approved cooperative programs may be co-enrolled and earn college credit for coursework taken at a Career Technology Center. Students must meet respective admission requirements for adult or high school students at both the Career Technology Center and the College. Students interested in learning more about college credit for courses taken at a Career Technology Center may contact the following offices:
Tulsa Community College: Cooperative Alliance Coordinators (918) 595-7970 or (918) 595-7913
Tulsa Tech: Coordinator of College Relations (918) 828-5205
Central Tech: Cooperative Alliance Coordinator (918) 352-2551, ext. 286

G. Undocumented Eligible High School Graduates
(HB 1804 Title 70, Section 3242 [2007])
Students with undocumented immigration status must meet the requirements set forth by law to be eligible for enrollment in an institution of the Oklahoma State System of Higher Education. Students should contact any Enrollment Services Office for admissions criteria, procedures and the Affidavit of Intent form.

H. Senior Citizens (Oklahoma Residents Age 65 or Older)
Tuition waivers are available for Oklahoma residents age 65 or older who wish to audit a course. Auditing of academic courses is contingent upon space available on the date the class begins. See section “Audit of Courses,” in this same chapter for detailed procedures. Questions regarding this process should be directed to the Enrollment Services Office on the campus the student plans to attend.

I. International Student Admissions
Tulsa Community College is authorized under federal law to enroll international students. An international student is defined as “a student who is, or will be, in the U.S. on a student visa.” At Tulsa Community College, this refers specifically to the student (F) visa. The International Student Service Office provides admission and support services to these students. International admission information is available from the International Student Services Office located on the Northeast Campus, by telephone at (918) 595-7478 or online at

J. Admission of Students for Whom English is a Second Language
All students for whom English is a second language shall be required to present evidence of proficiency in the English language prior to admission to a college or university of the State System, either as first-time students or by transfer from another college or university. The intent of this policy is to admit into an institution only those students who have a reasonable chance of success based on their ability to comprehend and use spoken and written English.

The following minimum standards shall be utilized by all State System institutions to determine English language proficiency:
1. Students must either demonstrate their competency in English through a) passing the test as described or b) demonstrating proficiency through successfully completing the State Regents’ high school core requirements in an English-speaking school or c) graduating from an English-speaking high school and demonstrating competency as described in “I.D. Removing High School Curricular Deficiencies”.
2. Applicants for first-time admission at the undergraduate level must present evidence of English language proficiency. The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) is used to satisfy the requirement.

Applicants must attain at least a score of:
• 500 on the traditional TOEFL, or
• 173 on the computerized TOEFL version, or
• 61 on the Internet based TOEFL version, or
• a score of 6 on the IELTS.

Applicants who do not meet these requirements may be admitted to the English as a Second Language program by meeting the following requirements:

  • presenting a score of 460 or higher on the traditional TOEFL, or
  • a score of 140 on the computerized TOEFL version, or
  • a score of 48 on the Internet based TOEFL version, or
  • a score of 5 on the IELTS or
  • immediately, after taking the TOEFL and prior to admission, successfully complete a program of 12 weeks of study at an approved English language center or program operated by an institution of higher learning or a private school approved by the State Regents.

System institutions with an approved program of English as a Second Language may admit students into this program, but no other courses, without meeting the other requirements of this policy. Results of TOEFL tests administered at Institutional Testing Centers are not accepted by colleges and universities other than the administrating institution. Information about the TOEFL and a testing schedule is available from the Testing Center, located on the Northeast Campus, by telephone at (918) 595-7534 or online at
3. Applicants seeking admission by transfer who have attended an accredited college or university for a minimum of 24 semester credit hours with passing grades shall be admitted on the same basis as other transfer students.
4. Students who do not have the 500 TOEFL score may study English as a Second Language after taking the ESL Placement test. This test measures the English language proficiency of non-native speakers. To schedule a free testing appointment, please call (918) 595 8411, Multicultural Language Center, Northeast Campus,

III. Admission by Transfer from a State System Institution
An Oklahoma State System student who wishes to transfer to another State System institution may do so under the following conditions:

A. Admission Requirements
1. Provide official transcripts from each college/university previously attended and, if fewer than 7 credit hours have been completed at other colleges/universities excluding credit hours completed as a concurrently enrolled high school student, a high school transcript with graduation date or passing GED scores.
2. A student under 21 years of age must meet the high school curricular requirements as indicated in Section I of this policy and have a grade point average high enough to meet TCC’s retention standards. (see Policy for Continued Enrollment II.B.).

B. Transfer Credit Policies
1. Transfer Credit Evaluation
a. Courses will be listed under the name of the transferring institution. Courses will be equated to TCC disciplines, course numbers, and credit hours and the grade assigned will be the grade awarded by the transferring institution.
b. Courses evaluated as semi-equivalent or a general elective will be accepted for transfer credit and may be applicable toward graduation requirements as elective credits.
c. Courses evaluated with passing grades (P or S) will be accepted for credit.
d. Courses recognized as semi-equivalents will be accepted and credit given even though TCC does not have a like equivalent for that course.
2. Academic Status of Transfer Students
a. Transfer students with a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or higher (as calculated by A, B, C, D, and F systems, 4.0 scale) will be admitted to Tulsa Community College in good standing.
b. Students with a cumulative GPA of less than 2.0 average will be admitted to their first enrollment at TCC on academic probation or academic notice and will be expected to meet the standards for continued enrollment.
c. Students returning to TCC after enrollment at another institution or institutions will be considered for admission based on academic records at all the college(s), including the grades earned at TCC.
3. Disciplinary Probation or Suspension — Students on disciplinary suspension or social probation from another institution will not be considered until the suspension or probation is removed by the enacting institution or the student is accepted by the Admissions Committee.

IV. Admission of Nonresidents of Oklahoma
A. Admission of First-time Entering Freshmen
In order to be eligible for admission to any institution in The Oklahoma State System of Higher Education, a nonresident of Oklahoma (a must be a graduate of a high school accredited by the appropriate regional association or by an appropriate accrediting agency of his/her home state, (b) must have participated in the ACT or a similarly acceptable battery of tests, and (c) must meet the high school curricular requirements outlined in Section I of this policy.

B. Undergraduate Students Entering by Transfer From Out-of-State College or University
Undergraduate students wishing to transfer from an out-of-state college or university to Tulsa Community College may do so as follows:
1. Transcripts of record from colleges or universities accredited by the Higher Learning Commission or other regional associations will be given full value.
a. Each nonresident applicant must be in good standing in the institution from which he/she plans to transfer.
b. Each nonresident applicant must have made satisfactory progress (an average grade of “C” or better or meets this policy’s current retention standards, whichever is higher) in the institution from which he/she plans to transfer.
c. Each nonresident applicant must meet the high school curricular requirements outlined in the “Qualifications for Admissions” section.
2. Transcripts of record from institutions not accredited by a regional association may be reviewed for transfer acceptance when appropriate to the student’s degree program and when the receiving institution has had an opportunity to validate the courses or programs.
a. Each nonresident undergraduate applicant must meet the conditions of IV.B. 1.a., 1.b., and 1.c. listed previously.
b. Each nonresident undergraduate applicant who meets IV.B. 1.a., 1.b., and 1.c. above also will be required to validate the transferred credit by making satisfactory progress (an average of “C” or better) for at least one term.
3. Any student who does not meet the criteria stated above may petition the Admissions Committee for further consideration.
C. This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students.

Admission Procedures
I. First Enrollment at Tulsa Community College
A. Application for Admission

1. An application is required for admission and should be submitted prior to expected enrollment. All questions must be answered. Application information may be submitted initially via This information must be verified upon each registration at the College.

2. A twenty dollar ($20) one-time, non-refundable processing fee will be assessed with the first term’s tuition and fees. The Social Security number is used by Tulsa Community College for identification purposes only and will not be given out to any individual or agency (unless required by law or as provided for in federal regulations), without the student’s written permission. TCC will assign a student identification number, but will collect your Social Security number for business transactions and verification purposes. Omission or falsification of information on the application is grounds for rejection of the application and/or disciplinary action against an enrolled student. Students seeking Financial Aid must use their Social Security numbers.

3. High school transcript, ACT, SAT, appropriate placement exam score, and/or college transcript should be sent to the Enrollment Services Office on the campus of planned attendance prior to enrollment. (See “Qualifications for Admissions” section). Credentials submitted to the College will not be copied or returned. Credentials provided in person must be a sealed envelope of the issuing institution.

4. First-time college students are encouraged to participate in the student orientation program and are required to be assessed for placement in courses. (See “Student Activities” and “Assessment Services” sections in this catalog for details.)

II. Re-admission After One Regular Term of Non-Enrollment
A. Application information is verified to update student information.

B. Re-entering Degree-seeking Students
Students must submit transcripts from each college attended since the last enrollment at Tulsa Community College, and any credentials not submitted previously. Previous attendance at TCC does not mean a student was officially admitted to the College.

III. Admission After Suspension
A. Academic Suspension

Students who have been placed on suspension from Tulsa Community College may petition the Admissions Committee for admission after a one-term lapse in enrollment (not including summer). The student must:
1. Complete an admission application.
2. Write a letter which includes the reason(s) he/she would like to be admitted, his/her work schedule, proposed course load, educational goals and any other information the committee should consider in reviewing the request.
3. Provide official transcripts from all previous schools. (It is the student’s responsibility to contact the Enrollment Services Office to verify all credentials are received.)

The request letter and all supporting credentials must be received 30 days before enrolling. Please submit all credentials to any campus Enrollment Services office, or mail all items to:
Admissions Committee
Tulsa Community College
6111 E. Skelly Dr., 201-E
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74135-3151

4. Upon receipt of the completed application, all credentials, and letter of petition, the request will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee and the student will be notified of the results. See “Policy for Continued Enrollment.” Students suspended from another college or university may attend TCC immediately after academic suspension; contact the Enrollment Services Office on any campus.

B. Disciplinary Suspension
Students who have been placed on disciplinary suspension from Tulsa Community College must contact the Associate Vice President for Student Affairs for re-admission. All criteria outlined in the suspension letter must be met before a suspended student may apply for consideration of re-admission after disciplinary suspension.

Admission to Continuing Education (no credit/no degree)
To take Continuing Education classes, an application needs only to be completed once. There is no application fee and students are not required to submit academic credentials such as transcripts; however, an application for admission to the College is required and may be completed online at (under apply for admission, select first-time user, then under application type, select No Credit/Degree Continuing Ed). Assistance is also available by calling (918) 595-7200.

College Credit for Military Training Experience
In evaluating armed services credit, Tulsa Community College follows recommendations of the Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services, published by the American Council on Education. Credit for military service will be granted only for equivalent courses offered in the Tulsa Community College degree major declared by the student and is awarded only after the student has earned twelve (12) hours in residency at TCC. Tulsa Community College may accept, modify, or reject military training credit depending upon the evaluation. Documents submitted by the student to the Enrollment Services Office become a part of the student’s official records and will be retained by the College.

Credit by Advanced Standing
Students who believe they are qualified to establish college credit as a result of previous training or experience should inquire about advanced standing options. Credit is limited to existing TCC courses in the curriculum for the student’s declared major. Students who establish credit through advanced standing will be assigned a grade of “S” on their record to indicate successful completion. Fees for advanced standing tests are listed in the Tuition and Fees section of this publication. No refund of fees will be given for advanced standing examinations that are not passed. Credit for military training falls under the American Council on Education (ACE) guide a extrainstitutional credit. TCC may recognize these credits as advanced standing. Questions relating to advanced standing testing should be directed to the Advisement Centers. Credit may be established by several different methods. More information about advanced standing testing can be found in the Advisement Centers on each campus or online at

I. Credit may be established in specific academic programs by the evaluation of documents indicating formal education, test scores, and/or transcripts relating directly to a specific course. These documents will be reviewed by the related academic division or designate and the ensuing recommendation will be considered final. Contact the Enrollment Services Office for procedures.

II. In order to qualify for advanced standing credit or advanced standing examinations given at TCC, a student must
1) be enrolled or academically eligible to re-enroll, 2) complete twelve semester credit hours of resident academic work, 3) complete the application for advanced standing credit and receive approval, 4) pay for the advanced standing exam, and 5) have not taken the examination within the last six months. Fees for the departmental examination are to be paid prior to the end of the fifth week of a regular term (second week of a summer term). Fees for the CLEP exams are paid on the testing date. The advanced standing examinations are administered during the ninth week of the term (fifth week of the summer term).

A. College Level Examination Program (CLEP)
Tulsa Community College is a national test site for the College Board’s College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Examinations are administered in the Testing Center on the Northeast Campus. For a list of exams accepted at TCC or for minimum scores required for establishing credit through CLEP, contact the Advisement Center, or Enrollment Services Office on each campus or online at

B. Departmental Examinations Offered by TCC
Currently or previously enrolled students who feel they are qualified for advanced standing credit by examination in an area not offered or administered through the CLEP program may attempt to establish credit through a departmental examination. Students seeking these examinations should inquire through the campus Advisement Center and may be required to have approval for the examination by the Associate Dean of the academic division for that discipline. The departmental examinations are written and scored by TCC faculty and are intended to measure competence comparable to what would be required if the student took and received credit for that course at TCC. A score equivalent to a grade of “C” shall be the cut-off score.

C. Advanced Placement Program (APP)
This program enables high school students to take comprehensive examinations for credit at the college level. Inquiries concerning this program should be directed to the high school counselor and arrangements for taking the examination and scoring will be coordinated at the high school in which the student is enrolled. TCC does not administer the AP exam. TCC will award college credit with qualifying scores in specified subject areas that are determined by the academic division that administers the discipline of that course. Submit score sheets to the Enrollment Services Office.

D. Extrainstitutional Learning
Advanced standing for credit awarded for military training schools, business and industry, labor union, governmental agencies and other non-collegiate learning shall not exceed the criteria or recommendations contained in publications of the American Council on Education. Contact the Enrollment Services Office.

E. International Baccalaureate
Advanced standing credit may be awarded to a student who has taken “higher level” courses in the International Baccalaureate program and has scored at least a four (on a seven-point scale) on the higher level course examination. Such credit shall be awarded on a course by-course basis. Contact the Enrollment Services Office.

Classification of Students
The classification of students is determined as follows:
1. Freshman: 0-30 earned semester credit hours.
2. Sophomore: 31 or more earned semester credit hours.
3. Full-time: students enrolled in 12 or more semester credit hours in a 16-week semester term (6 or more semester credit hours in a summer academic term).
4. Part-time: students enrolled in 11 or fewer semester credit hours in a regular academic term (5 or fewer in a summer academic term).

Proficiency Requirements
In compliance with the requirements of the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education (OSRHE), all TCC students must demonstrate proficiency in English, math, and science before enrolling in college-level courses in these disciplines. Students must also demonstrate college-level reading competency before enrolling in General Education courses. ACT scores, appropriate placement exam scores, and college transcripts can be used to demonstrate proficiency. Any degree seeking, first-time college student who has not satisfied his or her proficiency requirements is required to enroll in and successfully complete ENGL 1003 (Academic Strategies) within the first two semesters of attendance.

Support for students for whom English is a second language and who do not meet proficiency requirements for placement in English and Reading on the appropriate placement exam, will be referred to the Language Center at Northeast Campus to take the TCC ESL Placement test. The ESL Placement test measures the English language proficiency of non-native speakers. To schedule a free testing appointment, please call (918) 595-8411, room 1521, Northeast Campus,

Computer Proficiency Requirement
To receive an AA or AS degree from TCC, students must demonstrate computer proficiency, including a basic knowledge of operating systems, word processing, and the ethical use of Internet research capabilities, via one of the following options:

  • Successful completion of CSCI 1203 or a CSCI/CSYS course that lists CSCI 1203 as a prerequisite
  • Successful completion of an advanced standing exam for CSCI 1203
  • Successful completion of the TCC computer proficiency exam
  • Documented work experience or other academic coursework involving the following competencies:

1. Proper use of common computer terms
2. Saving, retrieving, and organizing data stored on a computer
3. Using word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software, as well as the Internet, to perform a task or solve a problem

TCC prohibits smoking or the use of other tobacco products within all College-owned or leased buildings. 

Standards of Conduct
The college student is considered a responsible adult. The student’s admission indicates acceptance of those standards of conduct which appear in the Student Code of Conduct. The Student Code of Conduct is published on the TCC website at and can be requested in print from any campus Dean of Student Services Office.

In-State/Out-of-State Resident Classification (subject to change)
The definition of a legal resident of Oklahoma to be used in the assessment of fees at TCC is as follows: The legal residence of a dependent person is that of his/her father, mother or legal guardian(s) as defined by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Proof (if requested) of residency may be defined as establishing domicile in Oklahoma and physical residence for the previous 12 months. Domicile is defined as having two components—residence and the intention to remain. If it is determined that an applicant entered the state with the express purpose of attending college, non-resident status will be assigned. Other classification options may be available for military personnel or spouses and dependents. Contact the Enrollment Services Office for details. Contact the Director of Enrollment Services on any campus for clarification and to petition for resident classification. Complete In-State and Out-of-State policy information is also available at