Workforce Development Degree
University Transfer Degree Information:
The Cardiovascular Technology (CVT ) Associate in Applied Science degree is designed to prepare individuals with the knowledge, skills and behaviors that are required for the performance of a successful cardiovascular technologist. Cardiovascular technologists are health care professionals who, under the direction of a qualified physician, are concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of patients with congenital and acquired heart and blood vessel disease. The invasive cardiovascular technologist is a member of the cardiac catheterization team and assists with coronary angiography, percutaneous coronary intervention, right heart catheterizations, and the implantation of arrhythmia management devices. The studies performed in these areas are used by the cardiologist to evaluate patients for cardiovascular disease and develop comprehensive treatment plans.
Procedure for Application:
1. All prospective Cardiovascular Technology students must complete an application for enrollment to the College and submit their high school transcripts, ACT scores, and previous college transcripts to the Metro Campus Registrar at 909 South Boston, Tulsa, OK 74119. Incomplete submissions will not be considered for admission into the Cardiovascular Technology Program. Acceptance to Tulsa Community College does not guarantee admission to the Cardiovascular Technology Program.
2. Submit completed program application form and required materials by March 1 to the Allied Health Services Division located in the Alfred M. Philips Building, room MP458, 909 South Boston, Tulsa, OK 74119.
3. A selection committee will review all applications and eligible applicants will be granted an interview with the Cardiovascular Technology Program admissions committee.
4. Qualified students will be ranked based on admission requirements and awarded admission to the program accordingly. All interviewed applicants will be notified by mail regarding their selection.
5. An extensive criminal background check, including but not limited to a seven-year county of residence nationwide criminal history check, national sexual predator screening, Social Security check, and Medicare/Medicaid fraud screening is required by all clinical affiliates. All Allied Health Service students participating in clinicals are required to complete these background checks and a drug screening test by the Allied Health Division office deadline prior to the first clinical rotation. Any positive findings may be subject to review by the clinical affiliates and could prevent the student from completing clinical requirements.
Degree Awarded: Associate in Applied Science
For More Information Contact:
Allied Health Services Division, Metro: (918) 595-7002
General Education Requirements Credit Hours: 21
Communication 9 hours
*ENGL 1113 Composition I
*ENGL 1213 Composition II
SPCH 1113 Speech Communication I
Mathematics 3 hours
*MATH 1473 Math for Critical Thinking
Psychology 3 hours
PSYC 1113 Introduction to Psychology
Social Science 6 hours
POLS 1113 American Federal Government
and select one course from the following:
HIST 1483 U.S. History 1492 to Civil War Era
HIST 1493 U.S. History Civil War Era to Present
Specialized Course Requirements Credit Hours: 52
Core Courses 11 hours
Allied Health 3 hours
+ALDH 1323 Medical Terminology
Biology 4 hours
+BIOL 1314 Human Anatomy and Physiology
Chemistry 4 hours
*CHEM 1114 Principles of Chemistry
Cardiovascular Technology Core Courses 22 hours
*CVTC 1002 Introduction to Cardiovascular Technology
*CVTC 1013 Cardiovascular Anatomy and Physiology
*CVTC 1023 Cardiovascular Pharmacology
*CVTC 1034 Cardiovascular Skills Practicum
*CVTC1044 Cardiovascular Pathophysiology
*CVTC 1053 Rhythm Analysis and EKG Interpretation
*CVTC 1063 Clinical Practicum I
Invasive Cardiology Emphasis 19 hours
*CVTC 2103 Invasive Procedures I
*CVTC 2113 Radiology/Electrophysiology
*CVTC 2125 Clinical Practicum II
*CVTC 2133 Invasive Procedures II
*CVTC 2145 Clinical Practicum III
Total Credit Hours: 73
*Course has prerequisite (See course description section of catalog).
+ Prerequisite for program admission.
General education requirements can be found at: www.tulsacc.edu/gened.ShareThis