PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN
Workforce Development Certificate
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) Program is approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. Students who successfully complete the Patient Care Technician Program will be eligible to take the State Certification Exam offered by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing to practice as an Advanced Unlicensed Assistant (AUA). Students must complete the PCT course with a grade of “C” or higher which includes satisfactory demonstration of required skills.
Degree Awarded: Certificate of Achievement
For More Information Contact:
Patient Care Technician Office: Metro: (918) 595-7324
Patient Care Technician Certificate
Patient Care Technicians are employed in a variety of healthcare settings. Their job responsibilities are performed under the delegation and supervision of licensed nurses. Their job responsibilities fall between those of a Certified Nurse Aide and a Licensed Practical Nurse.
Procedure For Application:
1. Contact the Patient Care Technician Program Office (918) 595- 7324, for program application form, specific program information and course requirements.
2. All prospective Patient Care Technician students must complete an application for enrollment to the College.
3. Submit completed program application form and required materials by the deadlines as identified in application materials. Submit materials to the Patient Care Technician office located on the Metro Campus, Room MC501, 909 South Boston, Tulsa, OK 74119.
4. Acceptance to Tulsa Community College does not guarantee admission into the Patient Care Technician Program.
5. Eligible applicants will be notified by mail regarding their selection status.
6. An orientation to the program, immunizations, current CPR certification and TB screening are required of students after their admission letter has been received and prior to the start of class.
7. In order to enroll in courses that include a clinical component and are a part of the program plan, students must receive clearance on a criminal background check, including sex offender registry. Potential students need to be aware that drug testing and clearance is a requirement for participation in all clinical components.
Certificate Requirements Credit Hours: 7
Nursing 7 hours
NURS 1207 Patient Care Technician
Total Credit Hours: 7
General education requirements can be found at: www.tulsacc.edu/gened.