Back to Table of Contents

Federal Pell Grant
The Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. An undergraduate student, who has not received a bachelor’s degree, is a U.S. citizen, or eligible non-citizen, may be eligible for a pell grant. Eligibility to receive a Federal Pell Grant is determined by the U. S. Department of Education based upon a standard formula, established by Congress, using family financial information submitted on the FAFSA and reported on the SAR. The formula produces an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number. Your Student Aid Report (SAR) contains this number.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG)
OTAG is a grant based on need for up to 75 percent of tuition and fees to Oklahoma resident students making satisfactory academic progress. To apply, submit the FAFSA by March 20 for priority consideration, as funds are limited. This program is administered by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant
The FSEOG provides grants to students with the greatest financial need as determined from the SAR analysis and on the availability of funds. The grant may not exceed $4,000 a year. Students must be making satisfactory academic progress. 

Tribal Grants
Tribal grants are for Native American students. Application procedures are initiated in the appropriate Tribal Education Office and by submitting the FAFSA application.