TCC Metro Campus Update
The Metro Shuttle is now picking up in front of the Main Academic Building at 9th and Boston, on Boston Avenue.
Shuttles will begin running from the TCC Metro Campus Center for Creativity at 7 a.m. Monday, June 24. Buses will pick up once per hour and run to Northeast, Southeast and West campuses. The buses will load in front of the Main Academic Building at 9th and Boston, on Boston Avenue.
NEAC = Northeast Campus Academic Building
INFO = West Campus Information Commons
BLDG8 = Southeast Campus Science and Math (Building 8)
WCSM = West Campus Science and Math Building
LIBART = West Campus Liberal Arts Building
NEET = Northeast Campus Engineering Technology Building
MCC4C = Metro Campus Center for Creativity
NESTCTR = Northeast Campus Student Center
NEFACT = Northeast Campus Enterprise Building – FACET Center
June 19, 2013 6:16 PM CST
Dear TCC Students,
As a result of the electrical fire at TCC Metro Campus, all classes in the Main Academic Building, Philips Health Sciences Center and Student Union have been relocated. We have worked to cause the least disruption to your academic progress as possible.
In general, Liberal Arts and Communications courses have been relocated to Northeast Campus. Nursing and Allied Health courses have been relocated to the Southeast Campus. Science and lab courses have been relocated to West Campus.
These relocation groupings were made to allow students to take similar courses on one campus in order to limit the disruption to your academic schedule.
As you transition to these new class locations, please be aware that Welcome Stations stocked with a list of relocated classes and campus maps will be available on each campus. Arrangements are also underway to establish a Course Schedule Transition Hotline for Metro Campus students. The hotline will be available June 20 through June 27 to assist you with relocation questions.
This unforeseen incident is unfortunate for all of our students and employees. We hope you will bear with us as we work through the details to deliver the balance of this summer term.
June 19, 2013 12:10 PM CST
Dear TCC Students, Employees and Community,
Any TCC student or TCC employee who needs to collect their personal items may do so by going to the Campus Police Check-In at the corner of 9th and Boston during regular business hours. Employees and students should have their TCC IDs available.
To ensure their safety, Campus Police will escort students or employees to their classroom or work areas to retrieve their belongings or other items and back out of the building. Employees wishing to access their computers must contact Client Services at 918.595.2000.
In order to serve needs efficiently, employees should limit their Client Services requests to needs related to relocation issues or TCC work-related issues
June 18, 2013 2:07 PM CST
Dear TCC Students, Employees and Community,
Tulsa Community College’s Metro Campus, except for the Center for Creativity, will be closed Wednesday, June 19. TCC experienced an electrical fire in its main academic building at the Metro Campus on Monday. As a result, contingency plans must be made for services and academic programs and classes.
Information for Students:
- The Metro Campus is closed, except for the Center for Creativity, effective Wednesday, June 19. Students will be notified by their instructor with the location where the class will meet or continuation plans.
- TED, MyTCC and Blackboard should be fully operational by Tuesday evening, June 18 (today).
- Metro Campus Student Services, such as enrollment services, financial aid and the bursar office, are being relocated. More information will be available soon.
- All other campuses are fully operational.
Information for Employees:
- The main academic building is still being inspected for safety and electrical compliance. Some service areas are being relocated. Supervisors will contact Metro Campus employees to notify them when and where to report.
College Community and Tulsa Community:
- Please refer to the website for all updates as to class and service locations for the Metro Campus. Our goal is to relocate students in a way that minimizes disruption to their academic schedules. Also, we hope to have a dedicated area on the TCC website soon that will provide more information and ongoing updates related to the Metro Campus relocation plans.