Contact Informationbryan.firstname.lastname@example.org (918) 595-8186
I am currently an Assistant Professor of Biology in the Science and Math Division at the West Campus of Tulsa Community College. My areas of teaching include biology, zoology, ecology, environmental science, statistics, and scientific principles and ethics. My interests also include the promotion of science in the public arena and the pedagogy of science and mathematics education. I live near Sand Springs with my wife and 3 daughters.
- BIOL 1114 General Biology for Non-Majors
- BIOL 1224 Introduction to Biology for Majors
- BIOL 1604 Zoology
- BIOL 2313 Principles of Ecology
- BIOL 2990 Undergraduate Research (topics vary)
- Ph.D. in Zoology from OSU
- M.S. in Entomology from the University of Arkansas
- B.S. in Biology from Northeastern State University
My research interests are in prairie and avian ecology, land use and landscape management issues, wildlife and habitat conservation, and insect ecology.
Publications & Presentations
Coppedge, B. R. 2014. Twig morphology and host effects on emergence patterns and sex ratios of the twig girdler Oncideres cingulata (Say)(Coleoptera: Cerambycidae). Southwestern Entomologist 39: 87-95.
Coppedge, B. R. 2011. Twig morphology and host effects on reproductive success of the twig girdler Oncideres cingulata (Say)(Coleoptera: Cerambycidae). The Coleopterists Bulletin 65: 405-410.
Coppedge, B. R. 2010. Red-winged blackbird nest success in Oklahoma tallgrass prairie. Proceedings of the Oklahoma Academy of Science 90: 61-68.
Coppedge, B. R., L. L. Coppedge. 2010. Brown-headed cowbird parasitism of an incomplete Orchard Oriole Nest. Bulletin of the Oklahoma Ornithological Society 43: 18-20.
Coppedge, B. R. 2010. Bison hair reduces predation on artificial bird nests. Bulletin of the Oklahoma Ornithological Society 43: 13-16.
Coppedge, B. R. 2009. Patterns of bison hair use in nests of tallgrass prairie birds. Prairie Naturalist 41: 110-115.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Oklahoma Ornithological Society
- American Society of Mammologists
- Oklahoma Academy of Science
- Association of Field Ornithologists
- Southwestern Association of Naturalists
- Wilson Ornithological Society
- Great Plains Natural Science Society
- Oklahomans for Excellence in Science Ed.
- Superior Teaching Award, College of Liberal Studies, University of Oklahoma (2015)
- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society (inducted 1999)