I am a married mother of three and grandmother of eleven. I am also the proud mom of a service animal, Precious, who is a Shih Tsu. I live in the country and appreciate the simple life by gardening, fishing, and raising chickens. I am a writer and artist currently finishing the last two semesters of my graduate studies. I love writing and always incorporate it in my teaching of any subject so as to further the skills of my students. I also do wolf rescue and hope to get my falconry license soon.
- 2012-Present: Instructor of Academic Strategies - Tulsa Community College, West Campus; Teaching Preparation for college: writing, library, college navigation, time and money management, as well as general study skills and related topics.
- 2012-2013: Instructor Basic Writing II Tulsa Community College, West Campus; Teaching the basics of writing including grammar, sentence structure, paragraph and essay.
- 2012-2013: English Composition Instructor Tulsa Community College, West Campus; Teaching Composition in textual analysis, writing process, MLA format.
- 2010-Presented two papers and the Hawaiian International Conference on Arts and Humanities
- 2009-Teaching Assistantship Oklahoma State University: Writing Center Tutor
- 2008-Present: Adjunct Professor/Instructor Rogers State University: Teach Basic Writing (focus on essay composition) and Developmental Reading to prepare remedial students for college study.
- 2004-2008: English Composition Tutor Rogers State University: Review of essays and all academic writing for MLA structure, English Composition, and proper use of Basic English.
- 1990-Present: Owner/Artist D is Creative Corner, Ceramic Art Studio: Creation of handmade ceramic art, gift items and all aspects of accounting and business management.
- Master of Arts Liberal Studies (MALS) - University of North Carolina Greensboro - Fall
- 2014 - Completion May 2017 - estimated GPA 4.0
- Master of Arts English – Oklahoma State University – August 2009 – 19 credit hours
- Mayborn Non-Fiction Writers Literary Conference (NTU) – July 2008 – Scholarship
- Bachelor of Arts Liberal Arts (BALA) - Rogers State University –May 2008 –GPA 3.82
- Associate of Arts Liberal Arts (AALA) – Rogers State University – May 2006 - GPA 3.74
- Education partially financed through Academic Excellence Scholarships and student worker jobs.
Research includes furthering the understanding of humanity from Plato forward and applying that understanding to the present condition of the planet and its inhabitants. Other research areas include Native American and other aboriginal history and tradition, global art appreciation, gender issues.
Publications & Presentations
Poetry “Dark Soul,” “The Storm” published in 2007 Cooweescoowee, Rogers State
University Academic Journal
Poetry. “Immortal Prince” published in 2006 Cooweescoowee, Rogers State University
Essay “Life from Death?” published in 2006 Authors of Tomorrow, Elder and Lemaur
Capstone “Beginning with Death” 2008, unpublished
- Distinguished Graduate BALA, Rogers State University: May 2008
- Inducted Alpha Chi Collegiate Honor Society: April 2007
- Outstanding Graduate AALA, Rogers State University: May 2006
- 2006 1st Place in Poetry, Rogers State University: “Creation”
- 2005 1st Place in Composition Essay, Rogers State University:
- "Knowledge: The Unknown.”
- 2008 Judge - Oklahoma’s American Idol, Tulsa
- 2003-2004 Co-Chairman CARD Head Start Program
- 2002-2003 Parent Representative CARD Head Start Program