Contact Informationkirk.email@example.com (918) 595-8161
I've spent my career helping adults to be more effective communicators in written or oral form, and I love what I do. I have been at TCC full-time since 2004 teaching public speaking, composition, literature, and other communication-oriented classes. Before TCC, I taught at OSU Institute of Technology, worked in the telecommunications industry, and ran my own business. Teaching is what I love best, and I strive to create a rigorous but supportive classroom community whether online or in class.
- Introduction to Public Speaking
- Advanced Public Speaking
- Interpersonal Communications
- Intercultural Communications
- Composition I & II
- Introduction to Literature
- Technical Writing
- B.A. - English Education
- M.A. - Communications
Distance education, hands-on learning, concurrent enrollment, communication
Publications & Presentations
Tech Tuesday - "Using YouTube to Humanize Online Courses"
Stayonference "Toasting Student Success Two Minutes at a Time"
NISOD - "Current Events Enrich Public Speaking Courses"
CareerTech - "Video Conferencing: Mom's Advice Still Matters"
"What the Best College Professors Do" Presentation
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- American Association of University Professors
- National Institute for Staff and Organizational Development
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Outstanding Young Men of America
- NISOD Master Presenter
- Oklahoma Department of Education Master Trainer
- Certified Accelerated Learning Educator
- Certified Distance Educator - Teletraining Institute