Contact Informationkymberly.firstname.lastname@example.org (918) 595-8107
I am an Assistant Professor of Child Development with 10 years of service at Tulsa Community College. I am a mother, grandmother and mentor. I strive to empower people to become the best versions of themselves. I believe in lifelong learning. I love and enjoy reading and facilitating presentations.
My favorite quote:
"Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life"
- CHLD 2213- Children with Special Needs
- CHLD 2003- LifeSpan Development
- CHLD 2243- Language and Cognitive Development
- CHLD 1202- CDA- Competency 3
- ENGL- Academic Strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Family Relations and Child Development from Northeastern State University in Tahlequah
- Master's Degree in Early Childhood Education from Northeastern State University in Broken Arrow, OK.
- Professional Development
- Adult learning
- Teaching Strategies
- Transformational Learning
Publications & Presentations
Teachers of Successful Students (TOSS) ( 2016) - The Reality of Briding the Gap: Language and Literacy
Early Childhood Leadership Institute (2013) The Reality of Assessment: Connecting and Communicating with Families
America READS training for volunteers
Child Abuse Training
Positively Unique:Birth Order
Power Parenting: It Matters!
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- National Head Start Association
- National Black Child Development Institute (NBCDI)
Best of TCC in 2008
- Facilitator for Talking is Teaching ( Kaiser Initiative)
- Parent Advocate for children and families with special needs