Contact Informationmichael.firstname.lastname@example.org (918) 595-7051
- Tulsa Community College, Metro Campus, 2001-present
- Assistant Professor of Digital Media.
- Adjunct studio art instructor from 1997-2001.
- Union High School, 1997-2001
- Broken Arrow High School, 1996-1997
- Oliver Middle School, 1995-1997
- Tulsa World, 1991-1995, photojournalist
- Digital Photography
- Advanced Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Flash
- University of Tulsa, BFA in Painting, 1976.
- University of Tulsa, MA in Painting, 1986.
- Northeastern State University, Art education, 1990-91.
- Oklahoma Fall Arts Institutes, professional photography seminars with photographers Jay
- Maisel, 1996, and David Hiser (National Geographic), 1997
Digital photography and fine arts
Publications & Presentations
Digital photography presentation/discussion, Pratt Institute, Brooklyn, NY, 2014
Publications and Exhibitions:
Camera Portfolio Magazine Photographic Invitational Competition, honorable mention,1981.
Autumnfest ’85 Juried Exhibition, Fayetteville, Arkansas, 1985.
Photographer’s Forum Magazine, Best of College Photography, 4th place award, 1986.
Art USA National Juried Art Competition, Grand Junction, Colorado, 1986.
San Diego Art Institute 32nd Annual Art Competition, San Diego, California, 1986.
Cedar City Annual Art Competition, Cedar City, Utah, 1986.
Cameron University Annual Art Competition, Lawton, Oklahoma, 1986.
Galleria ’86 Annual Art Competition, Mesa, Arizona, 1986.
Individual Artists of Oklahoma traveling art exhibit, 1986-87.
Tiny Pleasures: one-person photography exhibit, Classen Art Center, Oklahoma City,1988.
Arts & Humanities Council of Tulsa Individual Artist’s Grant, 1984, 1989.
Sixth Annual Alcoa/Gallery ’76 Juried Art Exhibition, Wenatchee, Washington, 1989.
Dallas-Fort Worth Slide Registry Annual Art Exhibition, 1989.
Tulsa Mayfest Annual Artist Invitational Show, Tulsa, Oklahoma, 1989, 1990.
Altered Images Photography Exhibition, Allen Street Gallery, Dallas, 1990.
32nd Chautauqua National Exhibition of American Art, Chautauqua, New York, 1989.
Hays Art Council Five-State Exhibition, Hays, Kansas, second place award in photography, 1989.
Kansas City Artists Coalition Seventh Annual Juried Exhibition, Juror’s award, 1989.
Corsicana Art League 6th Annual National Juried Art Show, Corsicana, Texas, 1989.
Two-person show, University of Tulsa Alexander Hogue Gallery, 1990.
Charlotte National Juried Exhibition, purchase award, 1990.
The Living Eye: Contemporary Chicano Photography, Los Angeles Photography Center,1991Publication: LIFE magazine, 1993.
One person photography exhibit, Tulsa Artists Coalition Gallery, Tulsa, 2011.
MORE Color Juried Exhibition, Tulsa, 2013.
Artists Who Travel photography exhibition, Arts & Humanities Council Hardesty Arts Center, Tulsa, 2013.
National Park Service annual Share the Experience photography competition winner, honorable mention, 2014.
Oh Tulsa Exhibition, Tulsa, 2013.
Photographer’s Forum 34th Annual Spring Photography Competition. Published, Annual Best of Photography 2014.
Colors of the Day: One-person show, Tulsa Performing Arts Center Gallery, 2015.
Photographer’s Forum 35th Annual Spring Photography Competition. Published, Annual Best of Photography 2015.
Tulsa Artists Coalition Members Show, Jurors Award, 2015.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Adobe Certified Associate
- Certifications in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and Adobe Flash.
- Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition
- National Association of Photoshop Professionals
- Tulsa Artists Coalition
- Tulsa Artists Coalition Members Show, Jurors Award, 2015.
- National Park Service annual Share the Experience photography competition winner, honorable mention, 2014.
- Charlotte National Juried Exhibition, purchase award, 1990
- Hays Art Council Five-State Exhibition, Hays, Kansas, second place award in photography, 1989.
- Kansas City Artists Coalition Seventh Annual Juried Exhibition, Juror’s award, 1989.
- Arts & Humanities Council of Tulsa Individual Artist’s Grant, 1984, 1989
- Camera Portfolio Magazine Photographic Invitational Competition, honorable mention, 1981.