Contact Informationstephanie.firstname.lastname@example.org (918) 595-8069
I'm originally from Broken Arrow, where I went to high school before moving to Norman for university. I travel as much as possible, think television should be considered as a form of literature, and read crime novels whenever I can.
- Composition II
- Honors Composition II
- Introduction to Literature
- American Literature, 1865-present
- Ph.D. in Literary Studies, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- M.Phi.l in English Literature, University of York
- M.St. in Women's Studies, Oxford University
- B.A.s in history and letters, University of Oklahoma
- 20th and 21st century American literature
- contemporary poetry and poetic forms
- literature and politics
- service learning/service pedagogy
- research at the community college
Publications & Presentations
"Biomedical Nostalgia in Crisis" (Drain, forthcoming), article.
Against Life (Northwestern University Press, 2016), edited book with introduction.
"Material Voices: Queer Lyric and AIDS Testimony in Frank Bidart's Desire” (GLQ Spring 2014), article.
“A Writing of Nothing: Intercession and the Autobiographical Subject in Olaudah Equiano’s Interesting Narrative” (Callaloo Spring 2013), article.
"Humanities Research and the Community College," American Studies Association, Fall 2016.
"Lyric in Society," Modern Language Association, Spring 2017.
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Modern Language Association
- American Studies Association
- American Comparative Literature Association
- Society for Literature, Science, and the Arts