Concurrent High School / Dual Enrollment
CONCURRENT OR HIGH SCHOOL DUAL ENROLLMENT POLICY
Admission and Enrollment Requirements for students interested in enrolling concurrently at their high school and Tulsa Community College are as follows:
Students must be juniors or seniors.
- Students who are home schooled or attending unaccredited high schools must be at least 16 years of age as a junior and 17 years of age as a senior.
- Students must have participated in the ACT and made the following composite scores: juniors 21 (ACT) and seniors 19 (ACT).
or Those who have participated in the ACT and did not meet the score requirements may be considered for admission purposes based on their high school GPA (grade point average).
- Juniors must have a 3.5 GPA and seniors must have a 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale and
- Both juniors and seniors must be proficient in the area in which they wish to enroll.
Course Eligibility Chart:
|ACT Subject||ACT Score||Course Eligibility|
|English||19||Eligible to enroll in any ENGL course|
|Science||19||Eligible to enroll in any science reasoning course|
|Math||20*||Eligible to enroll in MATH 1513 College Algebra course|
|Reading||19||Eligible to enroll in any other collegiate course|
- TCC's Computerized Placement Test (COMPASS) may not be used to meet the proficiency requirements.
*Effective as of Spring 2013
Students must complete an Application for Admission to TCC online at www.tulsacc.edu at least two business days prior to enrollment and provide the following documents to the Director of Enrollment Services on the campus offering the class:
- Apply for Admissions
- Concurrent Enrollment Application*
Current official high school transcript
Effective October 1, 2012: Any transcript submitted to the college for admission purposes must be received in an envelope that has been sealed by the high school or college to be considered official.
- Official ACT
- Please read the Concurrent Tip Sheet for more information.
All documents must be received in advance of intended enrollment to allow time for processing.
ACE Tuition Waiver Scholarships are awarded on a “First-come, first-served basis” as funds are available. Students must be enrolled in a minimum of three (3) and a maximum of six (6) credit hours per semester and must follow the policy regulations. See Attend College Early (ACE) brochure for high school concurrent enrollment details.
High school students who have provided the appropriate documents and meet score requirements must follow the criteria below:
- Enrollment will not exceed 19 credit hours per long semester or 9 credit hours in the summer.
- Zero Level Courses (intended for remediation or curricular or performance deficiency) and Physical Education Activity courses are not eligible for concurrent enrollment.
- Re-enrollment is contingent upon the student achieving a 2.0 GPA at TCC.
All other students not qualified by grade level may be considered for enrollment under the Opportunity Admissions category. A detailed explanation of the Oklahoma State Regents’ policy on concurrent enrollment is available from any TCC Admission/Enrollment Services Office.
Note: Questions regarding admissions or enrollment should be directed to the Admission/Enrollment Services Office on the campus the student plans to attend. Admission to the institution does not guarantee eligibility for course placement.
*The High School Concurrent Application may also be obtained from your principal, counselor or the Admissions/Enrollment Services Office on any TCC campus.