All state colleges and universities will have the option to implement an academic renewal policy provided it is in compliance with the prescribed guidelines. This provision allows a student who has had academic trouble in the past and who has been out of higher education for a number of years to recover without penalty and have a fresh start. Under Academic Renewal, course work taken prior to a date specified by the institution is not counted in the student's retention GPA.
- Five years have passed since the last semester being renewed and the renewal request.
- A GPA of 2.0 or higher has been earned on a minimum of twelve hours with no grade lower than a "C" since the semester(s).
- All official transcripts are on file and have been evaluated.
- Student is currently enrolled and degree seeking at Tulsa Community College
- Student has not applied credit hours nor content from renewal terms requested to a previous degree or certificate.
- Student needs to be informed of of the benefits and limitations of the request for renewal.
- The courses that have been approved for Academic Renewal will remain on the transcript, but the courses are not calculated in the TCC Overall GPA.
Please contact any academic advisor for additional assistance regarding the TCC Academic Forgiveness Policy.