All state colleges and universities will implement the academic forgiveness policy. Students may retake courses in which the original grade earned was a "D" or "F," and have only the second grade earned count toward their retention/graduation GPA calculation. This may be done for up to a maximum of four courses, not to exceed 18 hours. This process is automatically applied to the student's account.
- Students must be a currently enrolled student at TCC or attending TCC during the immediate prior term.
- Student must provide all official college transcripts from each college previously attended.
- Only courses in which the original grade is a "D" or "F" will apply.
- Only the first four courses, not to exceed 18 hours repeated will apply.
- Both the original grade and the second grade will remain on my permanent academic record.
- The original "D" or "F" grade for a course designated as a repeated course will be excluded from the calculation of the Overall GPA reflected on the transcript.
- If the student repeats the same course more than once, only the original grade can be excluded from the calculation of the Overall GPA and all other grades earned in that course will be excluded in that GPA.
Please contact any academic advisor for additional assistance regarding the Academic Forgiveness Policy.
See the current catalog for more information.