The definition of In-State status to be used in the assessment of fees at TCC is as follows:
- The legal residence of a dependent person is that of his/her father, mother or legal guardian(s) as defined by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. Proof (if requested) of residency may be defined as establishing domicile in Oklahoma and physical residence for the previous 12 months.
- Domicile is defined as having two components—residence and the intention to remain. If it is determined that an applicant entered the state with the express purpose of attending college, Out-of-State status will be assigned.
Other classification options may be available for military personnel or spouses and dependents. Contact the Enrollment Services Office for details.
A person holding permanent-resident status, who has resided in Oklahoma for at least 12 consecutive months and who meets any other applicable criteria for establishment of domicile may file for resident classification.
Contact the Director of Enrollment Services on any campus for clarification and to petition for resident classification.
NON-RESIDENT TUITION WAIVER
Tulsa Community College is pleased to announce that the development of a Non-Resident Tuition Waiver program will become effective for Fall 2012. This award will waive out-of-state tuition for up to 12 credit hours allowing eligible students to pay only in-state tuition and fee costs. The categories of non-resident waivers that are now available include:
- Special Academic Programs
- Extraordinary Talent or Academic Performance
- Students who reside or work in Oklahoma
- Students with Hardship and Special Circumstances
Deadline's to apply for a Non-Resident Tuition Waiver: Apply soon, as there is a limited availability of awards.
- Fall: Priority deadline is July 1.
- Spring: reserved for first-time TCC students. Priority deadline is November 1.
More information or application forms can be found at:
For more information regarding residency please contact the Enrollment Services and Student Records.