Welcome to The School of Engineering, Aviation & Public Service
Our faculty are dedicated to teaching excellence and are committed to individual student achievement. They have many years of practical industry experience to share to support learning outcomes. Our instruction encompasses the latest technical trends, so that you graduate with the current skill sets most sought out by industry.
If it is becoming a pilot, EMT, robotics technician, solar energy auditor, manufacturing manager, firefighter, or an engineer, the school of engineering and applied technology is for you.
Aviation Science Technology Department
A complete flight training facility at our TCC Riverside Campus!
Students have also graduated from our Air Traffic Control program with a starting salary of $40,000 to $60,000 a year.
- • Air Traffic Control AAS
- • Aircraft Dispatch Certificate
- • Aviation Sciences Technology AAS, Management Option
- • Aviation Sciences Technology AAS, Professional Pilot Option
Want to know about Medical Equipment Repair, Alternative Energy, Electrical Substations, RF circuit design, UAV's and or Electric Vehicles? This program is for you!
Degrees and Certificates in:
- • Electronics Technology AAS, Biomedical Equipment Option
- • Electronics Technology AAS, Electrical Substation Technology Option
- • Electronics Technology AAS, Electronics Technologist Option
- • Electronics Technology Certificate, Biomedical Equipment Technology Option
- • Electronics Technology Certificate, Electrical Substation Technology Option
- • Electronics Technology Certificate, Electronics Technician Option
Students Organizations: Amateur Radio and IEEE Club, Meets 2nd Monday or Tuesday of the month.
Advisor: Thomas Henderson x7492
TCC offers the 1st two years of engineering transfer credit to area universities.
- • Engineering AS, Computer Engineering Option
- • Engineering AS, Electrical Engineering Option
- • Engineering AS, Electrical Engineering Technology Option
- • Engineering AS, General Engineering Option
- • Engineering AS, Mechanical Engineering Option
Engineering Technology Department
Engineering Technology offers three distinct option areas: Drafting-CAD Design, Geographic Information Systems, and Manufacturing-Quality Technology.
Each one of these engineering technology fields can aid in landing a high demand job in the greater Tulsa area. The NE Campus also offers a complete Fabrication Lab to help with your classroom projects.
Engineering Technology Degrees and Certificates in:
- • Drafting - See Engineering Technology
- • Engineering Technology AAS, Drafting and Design Engineering Technology Option
- • Engineering Technology AAS, Geographic Information Systems Option
- • Engineering Technology AAS, Manufacturing Engineering Technology Option
- • Engineering Technology, Drafting and Design Engineering Technology Certificate
- • Engineering Technology, Manufacturing Production Technician Certificate
- • Engineering Technology, Quality Technology Certificate
- • Geographic Information Systems - See also Engineering Technology
- • Geographic Information Systems Certificate
- • Quality - See Engineering Technology
Fire and Emergency Medical Services Department
If being a Firefighter, Paramedic, or Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) excites you, then these service oriented training paths are for you!
Degrees and Certificates in:
- • Fire and Emergency Medical Services Certificate
- • Fire and Emergency Medical Services Technology AAS
- • Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic AAS
- • Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic Certificate
- • Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic, Advanced Emergency Medical Technician Certificate
New EMT courses begin every semester and Paramedic's start once a year in the Fall.
The Tulsa Community College Healthcare Specialist/Paramedic program holds a Letter of Review, which is NOT a CAAHEP accreditation status, but is a status granted by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP) signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation Standards through the Letter of CoAEMSP Policies & Procedures Approved by the Board of Directors August 4, 2017 7 Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation.
2016 62% 2017 82% 2016 91% 2017 88%
Child Development & Education Department
The Child Development academic program at Tulsa Community College is accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children Associate Degree program (NAEYC).
Child Development programs will prepare students for a variety of careers working with young children and their families. Whether students choose to pursue an Associate of Science degree (AS), Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) or Certificate program, they will receive the skills and knowledge necessary to achieve their child development career goals.
Completion of the Associate of Science degree prepares graduates for jobs such as Early Head Start and Head Start teacher assistant, preschool teacher assistant, parent educator, family support professional, child care center administrator and state agency employee. The Associate of Science degree will transfer to four year institutions for students who wish to obtain a bachelor’s degree and/or Oklahoma teacher certification.
The following Child Development academic programs are available:
- • Child Development AAS, Early Childhood Option
- • Child Development AS, Child and Family, OSU Transfer Option
- • Child Development AS, Early Childhood Education NSU Transfer Option
- • Child Development AS, Early Childhood Education OU Transfer Option
- • Child Development Certificate, Certificate of Mastery
- • Child Development Certificate, Credential Preparation (CDA) Option
- • Child Development Certificate, Early Childhood Certificate of Mastery
- • Pre-Education AA, Elementary and Secondary Education Option
Before Enrolling in Child Development Courses:
- Child Development students enrolling in a child development laboratory course must receive a clearance on a criminal background check and a sex offender registry at their own expense. Contact Anthony Corraro at (918) 595-8077 for background check information.
- To ensure success in the Child Development program, students are highly encouraged to:
- Formally declare the appropriate Child Development major by completing an online Child Development Major Declaration form.
- Schedule a phone or on-campus conference with a Child Development faculty member within 30 days after being admitted to the Child Development Program to review degree plan. Office of Child Development and Education (918) 595-8077 to schedule a phone or on-campus conference.
Criminal Justice and Human Services:
Interested in law enforcement, corrections, or maybe, law school? Curious about how the legal system operates? Do you have questions about constitutional law?
Criminal Justice touches on all of these topics.
To dedicate one's career to service is a high calling. Whether working directly with clients or in indirect support roles, the commitment to serve and enhance the lives of other people is a noble choice!
While at TCC, gain the basic knowledge, skills, and values needed to communicate and help people experiencing personal and social problems. Advance towards a career with the ability to assess needs and provide appropriate interventions. Opportunities to grow through hands-on experiences with community agencies and populations afford students in the Human Services program excellent preparation for employment in the field.
The Following Programs are available:
- • Criminal Justice AA
- • Human Services AAS
- • Human Services AS, Child and Family Services Option
- • Human Services AS, Pre-Social Work Option
For a complete list of degree and course offerings search in the link below:
For more information please contact:
Mr. Thomas Henderson, Associate Professor of Electronics. 918-595-7492
Mr. Ben Hooks, Faculty Dept. Chair, Engineering, Electronics, and Engineering Technology, 918-595-7238
Dr. Matt Wise, Director of Aviation Center, 918-595-3710
Dr. Craig Brown, Chief, Fire and Emergency Medical Services Program, 918-289-7577
Mr. Bob Painter, Director, EMT - Paramedic Program, 918-595- 4746