Pamela McGowan Scholarship
EDUCATION ACCESS CENTER
As a means of creating an educational environment that fosters academic success and remove barriers to assist students to successfully persist, transfer, and/or graduate with an annual increase of 1 percent, the EAC is proud to announce that Pamela McGowan Education Access Center Scholarship. Five - $500 scholarships will be awarded during the fall semester and you could be one of the recipients.
The scholarship program will honor Pamela McGowan’s legacy. Pam was an exemplary EAC Counselor who embodied TCC’s mission and core values while serving as an advocate for students. Additionally, the scholarship will provide funds for tuition, fees, books, and academic (tutoring) assistance for students taking at least 6-credit hour at Tulsa Community College.
- TCC students, who have at least completed one semester (with a 2.5 GPA) and are currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours.
- Students with a documented learning, emotional or physical disability (no preference is given based on type or severity of disability) who are enrolled with the Education Access Center (EAC). Documentation can include: Individual Education Plan (IEP), 504 plan and a Physician’s or Psychologist’s evaluation.
Before applying, please be prepared to provide the following:
1. Personal, Professional & Career Goals
2. Extra Curricular Activities
3. Self-advocacy and self-determination strategies used in high school and college
4. Impact that the Education Access Center has had on continuing education
5. Impact of disability on your education goals
6. The contact info of a professor, current employer, minister, or vocational rehabilitation professional who
can provide a Letter of Recommendation. Please notify this individual of your application for the Pamela
McGowen and Education Access Center Scholarship, so that they can be aware of the email that will be
sent to them, requesting their Letter of Recommendation for you.
7. Please note that recipients of this scholarship will have their $500 winnings directly applied to their TCC
Please refrain from asking the EAC about the status of your application as the employees from the Education Access Center are not responsible for Scholarship selection.
When does the application process start?
The applicant is responsible for ensuring that all items are submitted electronically starting June 9 2014 to September 30th 2014. No exceptions. Review of applications will start immediately after October 6, 2014, and recipients of the Pamela McGowan EAC Scholarship will be notified via email the week of October 13th, 2014.ShareThis