Complete your FAFSA application
TCC Federal School Code: 009763
The 2016-2017 FAFSA is for the Fall 2016, Spring 2017, and Summer 2017 terms.
The 2015-2016 FAFSA is for the Fall 2015, Spring 2016, and Summer 2016 terms.
1. Completing the FAFSA: After January 1 of every year the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) becomes available for the upcoming school year. The FAFSA can be accessed at Federal Student Aid (fafsa.ed.gov). After completing the 2012 federal income tax return students can submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Students may use an approximation of their income if they have not yet filed their income tax return; however, this approximation is a temporary measure and students must update their application once they complete their tax return. A student must include TCCFederal School Code (009763) on his/her FAFSA in order for TCC to access the application. Without the school code, TCC will not receive the application.
- If you have any questions or need guidance for filling out the FAFSA, you can contact their Live Help desk, which is hosted by the Office of the Department of Education.
2. Student Aid Report: After the FAFSA application is sent to the federal processor, the student will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) via email from the U.S. Department of Education. The student must carefully review the instructions on the SAR. If the SAR is incorrect, refer to the instructions on the SAR for correction information.
3. The School's Role: Once the school receives the student's FAFSA, the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will notify the student via their TCC e-mail and MyTCC account if any additional information is needed. If no additional information is needed and the student meets all the aid eligibility requirements, the Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will e-mail the student a notification to check The Financial Aid Dashboard through MyTCC to view the Financial Aid award package. The award package will list the type and amount of Financial Aid the student has been awarded. Students can accept or decline loans and federal work study on The Financial Aid Dashboard through MyTCC. Grants and scholarships are automatically accepted on the student's behalf.
- There are instances when students may feel they have exceptional circumstances regarding their financial aid that warrant special consideration -- circumstances such as (but not limited to): dependency or income changes. In such cases, students might want to consider visiting with a Financial Aid counselor about Special Considerations.
4. Student's Obligation: Students are responsible for knowing the progress of their Financial Aid. Students should respond quickly to requests for additional information by all TCC offices to avoid delays. To ensure that financial aid funds will be available by start of the semester, students MUST have their FAFSA application completed, and entrance counseling completed on or before the financial aid priority deadline.
June 1st for Fall Semester
November 1st for Spring Semester
April 1st for Summer Semester
These deadlines are priority deadlines. TCC will process financial aid for the entire aid year; however, any delays a student makes with his/her financial aid may result in delays in processing and disbursement of aid.