2014 FALL News: APPLICATIONS for Spring 2015 are being accepted.
Applications for the Spring 2015 are now being accepted. You can download an application form here. Deadline for application is Monday December 1st.
If you have any questions please email email@example.com
-Declared major in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math.
- Academic qualifications: ACT 24 and GPA 3.0
- Have a financial need ( you have to fill FAFSA).
WHAT IS NEEDED FOR APPLICATION:
-ACT scores (If you don't have ACT scores you can take residual ACT from Northeast Campus testing center)
- 2 letters of recommendation from from teachers/faculty in STEM major.
-Statement of goals (200 - 300 words)
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF SCHOLARS:
- Be fulltime TCC student (12 hours).
-Maintain 3.0 GPA.
-Meet with mentors at least 3 times a semester to review progress.
-Attend at least 3 education enrichment activities in each semester.
(these events include talks, industrial tours, touring research facilities)
WHAT MAJORS ARE ELIGIBLE:
Biology, biotechnology, chemistry, computer science, electronics technology, engineering, electrical and computer engineering, mechanical engineering, geology, geography, mathematics, physics, chemical laboratory technology, civil engineering, survey engineering, quality control technology.
(Preparing for Innovation Producing Educated Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics Scholars)
We are funded by the National Science Foundation.
The primary purpose of the PIPESTEMS project at Tulsa Community College is to increase the number of students in science, technology, engineering and mathematics disciplines by:
1. building on programs focused on increasing retention and graduation;
2. enhancing existing student support services to fit specific needs of STEM scholars; and
3. offering learning enrichment activities such as science seminars, field trips/site visits to partner universities and businesses, and faculty mentoring.
Enrichment activities are based on best practices research, indicating increased enrollment and degree completion as a result of student participation in these activities. The Project Management Team, consisting of one PI and four Co-PIs will enroll 30 students into the PIPESTEMS project each scholarship year.
Project Management Team:
Principal Investigator (PI): Patrick Idwasi, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Chemistry at TCC Metro Campus
Co-Principal Investigators (Co-PIs) include the following TCC faculty members:
Diana Spencer, Ph.D.,
Assistant Professor of Biotechnology, Southeast Campus
Associate Professor of Mathematics, Southeast Campus
Associate Professor of Biology, West Campus
|PIPESTEMS application Spring 2015.pdf||205.46 KB|
- Call2000 - Student Services and IT Support
- Contact Information
- Academic Advisement
- Bookstores and Textbooks
- Career Services
- Costs and Payments
- Disability Resources
- Enrollment Services and Student Records
- Financial Aid
- TCC Catalog Sections: Financial Aid Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Admissions Requirements for Financial Aid
- Cost of Attendance
- FAFSA Application Instructions
- Financial Aid Links
- Financial Aid Offices
- Financial Literacy and Other Resources
- Forms and Documents
- Refund Process
- Requests for Special Consideration
- Return of Financial Aid
- Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Terms and Conditions of Financial Aid
- Types of Financial Aid
- Verification Guide 2013-2014
- Verification Guide 2014-2015
- Veterans Services and Financial Resources
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Campus Police
- Fitness Center
- International Language Center and Language Laboratory
- International Student Services
- Recovery Support
- Student Activities
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Consumer Information
- Student Health Services
- Student IDs / Parking
- Testing Center Services
- TRiO Programs
- Veterans and Military