Frequently Asked Questions about the Scholarship
Who is eligible?
- American citizen or full-time resident
- Enrolled as a full-time student (12 hours) at TCC in a science, technology, engineering or math (STEM) major.
- Have composite ACT scores of 24 and a GPA of 3.0.
What majors are eligible?
- STEM majors that are eligible for this scholarship include: biology, biotechnology, chemistry, computer science, electronics technology, engineering, electrical and computer engineering, mechanical engineering, geology, geography, mathematics, physics, chemical laboratory technology, civil engineering, survey engineering, quality control technology.
- If your major is not included e-mail email@example.com to check if it is eligible.
What are the scholarship benefits?
- Up to $3,500 per semester based on FINANCIAL NEED.
- This money can be applied toward tuition, books and other expenses.
- Faculty mentors are provided for a one-on-one mentoring with scholars.
- Field trips, special seminars and industrial and academic tours are also afforded to the scholars.
How to I apply for the scholarship?
- Apply to TCC and submit transcripts and ACT scores.
- Complete FAFSA
- Fill out the PIPESTEMS application form.
When is the deadline?
- The deadline for the 2014 Spring application was Dec. 6, 2013.
Who do I contact if I need clarifications?
- Dr. Patrick Idwasi: firstname.lastname@example.org, (918) 595 7131, Metro Campus MC631.