Types of Financial Aid

Grants and scholarships are financial aid that students do not have to pay back. Loans are borrowed money that must be repaid with interest. Work-study allows students to work and earn money for school expenses. The types and amounts of aid awarded are determined by financial need, availability of funds, student classification and academic performance.

The Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended, requires that each recipient of funds under the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant, Federal Work-Study, Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG), Stafford Student Loans, or PLUS programs maintain satisfactory progress in his/her course of study. The financial aid policy does not preclude a recipient from continuing to enroll as a student or to receive other types of financial aid.

According to the guidelines set forth by the Department of Education, students who start college for the first time after July 1, 2012 must have a high school diploma or an official equivalent to a high school diploma, such as GED certificate, in order to receive financial aid at the institution to which he/she is attending. Students will need to submit official, final high school transcripts as proof of graduation from high school to any TCC Enrollment Services office. Students who completed high school through a home-school setting must submit official transcripts with a graduation date, as well as ACT scores (either national or residual scores.) 


Helpful Links




Work Study