ASPIRE Scholarship for Single Parents
Tulsa Community College Single Parent Students:
ASPIRE of Green Country Oklahoma is now accepting scholarship applications for single parents who meet the following criteria:
- Resident of Creek, Okmulgee, Osage, Pawnee, Rogers, Tulsa or Wagoner County.
- High School or GED graduate.
- Single head of household (single, legally separated, divorced, widowed) and not co-habiting with former or current spouse or partner; with sole custody of one or more children under the age of 21.
- Pursuing a career-oriented course of study (full-time or part-time) to ensure a better standard of living for his/her family. Applicants cannot already have earned an undergraduate degree.
- At an income level of no more than 200 percent of the current U.S. Department of Health and Human Service (HHS) Income Guidelines poverty level.
- Recipient of a Pell Grant or in the process of applying for a Pell Grant.
The purpose of ASPIRE assisting single parents in realizing education is to provide supplemental financial assistance to those single parents who are pursuing a course of instruction which will improve their income-earning potential. Scholarships are $500 per semester for full-time students and $250 for part-time students. Funds can be used for tuition and books, as well as rent, utilities, childcare, car maintenance, or any other financial need that contributes to the recipient’s success in school. For more information about the ASPIRE scholarship, please visit our website at www.aspireus.org.
For your convenience, an application is attached to this email. To fully complete the application process, you will need to fill out the application online at our website. Please call 918.586.5696 for instructions and the login username and password. The original application, along with all required documents listed on page 6 of the application will need to be mailed to:
ASPIRE of Green Country Oklahoma
9524 E 81st Street, Suite B #1507
Tulsa, OK 74133
The deadline is:ShareThis