FWS Supervisor Information
The following are the new steps for requesting a Federal Work-Study position:
- Supervisors submit Federal Work-Study Request for Positions form (included in the Supervisor's Handbook) on an annual basis as part of project management. Each cabinet member receives a copy of the requests separate from Project Management.
- Dollars are allocated to each cabinet member.
- Cabinet member meets with supervisors to review, discuss and prioritize requests.
- Each cabinet member submits list to Human Resources, HR compiles a list of requested positions – summarizing numbers of positions requested, hours, dollars, etc. Job code numbers will be assigned at this time.
- Approved lists are distributed to Student Financial Services, Human Resources, Student Employment Representatives – supervisors will be notified.
- Supervisors can hire from approved list of positions. Positions will be considered 'open reqs' in HR for the fiscal year.