ACT Assessments (National & Residual Exams)
The ACT Exam measures skills in four major curriculum areas: English, Mathematics, Reading and Science Reasoning. Results may be used by TCC counselors/advisors to place students in courses appropriate to their skill level. Also, certain programs at TCC require the ACT as part of their application process.
National ACT testing information may be obtained by visiting the National ACT website.
The Residual ACT is offered at TCC's Northeast Campus Testing Center for individuals who:
- are enrolled in high school, but would like to take college courses concurrently at TCC.
- have graduated from a home-school curriculum.
- are applying to a special academic program, such as Allied Health, that requires this exam (Allied Health).
- All individuals are allowed to retake the exam; however, they must wait 60 days between testing: EXCEPT for high school concurrent/dual enrollment students who are allowed to take the test only ONCE during an ACT testing year (Nov. 1 - Oct. 31).
Residual ACT scores may be used at Tulsa Community College only.
$45 (Fee increase may be implemented by ACT).
All examinees must preregister by calling the Northeast Campus Testing Center at 918.595.7534 or by stopping by the Academic/Administration Building, Room 1201 and provide name and TCC student ID number.
If examinee does not have a TCC ID number, he/she must complete a TCC Admission Application before registration of the exam is processed. To fill out a TCC Admission Application, click here.
Examinees using credit/debit cards may pay over the phone and complete the registration process. Examinees using cash or check must finish the registration process on the day of the exam. Examinees using cash or check must have correct change of $45. A photo ID (i.e., driver's license, etc.) is required for admission to the test.
To receive a refund, examinees must notify the NEC Testing Center 24 hours prior the scheduled testing date. A refund will be issued minus a $15 processing fee.
Academic/Administration Building - Enter doors by flagpoles
Testing Dates and Times
The exam lasts approximately four hours.
The Residual ACT is typically offered on the second and fourth Monday mornings at 9 a.m., and the second and fourth Tuesday afternoons at 2 p.m.
- November 24 at 9 a.m. - session is full
- December 1 at 9 a.m. - session is full
- December 2 at 2 p.m.
- December 15 at 9 a.m.
- December 16 at 2 p.m.
- January 5 at 9 a.m.
- January 6 at 2 p.m.
- January 12 at 9 a.m.
- January 13 at 2 p.m.
- January 26 at 9 a.m.
- January 27 at 2 p.m.