Advanced Standing - Departmental Exams (Credit by Exam)
Currently or previously enrolled students who feel they are qualified for advanced standing credit by examination in a discipline not offered or administered through the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) may choose to attempt to establish credit through a departmental examination.
The departmental examinations are written and scored by TCC faculty and are intended to measure competence for establishing credit comparable to what would be required if the student took the course at TCC. A score equivalent to a grade of "C" shall be the cutoff score.
Students seeking these examinations should inquire at any campus Advisement/Testing Center at the beginning of the semester. Students may be required to have approval for the examination by the Associate Dean of the division for that discipline.
Credit for the Exam
- Credit earned through advanced standing examination will not be added to the student's TCC official transcript until the student has successfully completed 12 or more college-level credit hours at TCC.
- The student must be a current or former TCC student; however, the student cannot be enrolled in the same course that he/she is testing, except during the drop/add period.
- Credit earned through advanced standing examinations does not count in the number of hours enrolled during the semester of the exam; nor will it towards the GPA.
- Credit will be recorded with a grade of "S" if the student passes the exam. No grade is recorded if the student fails the exam.
- Once the examination is given to the student, whether passed or failed, there is no refund of fees.
For a list of the Departmental Exams that are available at TCC, please see the attachment below!
Fee: Current or Former TCC Students Only - $5 per credit hour
Registration and Testing Sites
- Metro Campus, Room 1018, 918.595.7010
- Northeast Campus, Room 1201 (Academic Building) 918.595.7534
- Southeast Campus, Room 4231, 918.595.7693
- West Campus, Room I-104, 918.595.8181
|Copy of TCC's List of Available Departmental Exams (2013-2014).xlsx||35.86 KB|