Testing Center Policies
Testing Center Policies & Responsibilities
The Tulsa Community College Testing Centers agree to:
- Maintain a secure and confidential testing environment where student information remains protected, in accordance with FERPA.
- Serve as a liaison between Tulsa Community College (TCC) and other testing companies.
- Provide scratch paper, pencils and calculators.
- Proctor all exams in a way that eliminates dishonesty and distraction, and supports the right of individuals to test in a quiet environment.
- Administer all tests, policies, and procedures in a fair, impartial, and equitable manner.
Students and Community Clients are expected to:
- Conduct themselves in a manner that supports the mission of TCC and that exemplifies personal integrity.
- Arrive on time for scheduled exams. Failure to arrive on time may result in the loss of reservation (for Community based testing, Certiport Exams, and special testing accommodations EAC).
- Utilize the lockers provided in the testing area for all personal items. Personal items prohibited in the testing areas,include but are not limited to the following:
- Hats, coats, watches, backpacks, purses, snacks, water bottles, sunglasses and all electronic devices.
- Find appropriate accommodations for parents, spouses, friends and children. Outside parties will not be allowed in the testing area and children should not be left unattended at the college.
- Remain in the Testing Center after beginning an academic exam.
- Be considerate of others in the Testing Center by refraining from distracting behaviors such as chewing gum, tapping fingers or feet, reading aloud, humming, etc.
- Bring the following items:
- Photo identification (driver’s license, state or federal identification card, passport, or TCC student ID);
- TCC ID number;
- Course name, number and instructor’s name;
- Any materials necessary for your test as authorized by the instructor (e.g., calculator, notes, books, etc.).
Acts of Academic Dishonesty
Students/Clients caught participating in academic dishonesty will be asked to leave the Testing Center. Their information will be forwarded to the referring instructor, testing company, and/or the Dean of Students.
Students Requiring Special Testing Accommodations
- Contact the Education Access Center (EAC) prior to the test to identify appropriate accommodations as needed. Testing staff members do not implement special accommodations without the approval of the EAC office. EAC contact information may be found at: http://www.tulsacc.edu/eac.
Students with emergency situations should provide their outside contact with the number to Campus Police, 918.595.8888. Campus Police will contact the testing proctor, who will then request the student to step outside the Testing Center to take the call.
Instructor/Program Administrator agrees to
- Send Online Course Exam materials and Make-Up Exam materials with appropriate paperwork to the TCC Testing Centers. Please ensure all forms are filled out accurately.
- Provide appropriate passwords, instructions, and materials when requiring online exams.
- Provide contact information in case of an issue during the exam.
- Pick up exams as soon as possible after the closing deadline.
- Respond to reports of potential academic dishonesty, immediately. Testing Center staff will notify faculty about testing irregularities, attempts to breach academic integrity, and/or disruptive behavior.
Questions or Concerns?
Please contact one of the Testing Centers:
Northeast Campus -918.595.7534
Southeast Campus -918.595.7693
West Campus Testing Services -918.595.8060 or 918.595.8181