2022 Honors Scholar Graduates Recognized for Academic Achievement
The students were honored for their achievement at the annual Blue-Carpet TCC Foundation Awards Ceremony by the Tulsa Community College Honors Program.
In addition to completing all the requirements to graduate from TCC, these Honors Scholar have completed 21 hours of Honors classes, or 18 Honors hours plus a designated “high-impact” course, while maintaining a GPA of 3.5 or higher. In fact, many of this year’s graduates have a 4.0.
Each received an Honors medallion in recognition of their outstanding accomplishments, not only for this year, but for their TCC career. Honors Scholars graduates are:
- Daniel Bomer, a Mechanical Engineering major and 2019 Broken Arrow High School graduate
- Ian Buckley, a Computer Information Systems major and 2019 Town & Country School graduate
- Alyssa Cazier, a Sociology major and 2008 Broken Arrow High School graduate
- Austin Floyd, a Political Science major and 2020 Mannford High School graduate
- Joey Gomez, a Biology and 2020 Owasso High School graduate
- Elizabeth Gonzalez, a Pre-Health Science and Mathematics and 2020 Union High School graduate
- McKailey Holt, a Biology major and 2020 Owasso High School graduate
- Christopher Hrncir, a Human Services-Social Work major and 2020 Homeschool graduate
- Tyme Hopkins, an Electrical Engineering major and 2019 Jenks High School graduate
- Samuel Hügli, a Business Administration major
- Christopher Johnson, a Liberal Arts major and 2020 Homeschool graduate
- Makayla Knoche, a Pre-Health Sciences major and 2020 Skiatook High School graduate
- Jess Pavlik, a Biology major and 2002 Jenks High School graduate
- Antonia Pearl, a Mechanical Engineering major and 2018 Okay High School graduate
- Melissa Ramirez, a Liberal Arts major and 2020 Union High School graduate
- Sarah Saleh, a Chemistry major and 2020 Peace Academy graduate
- Edwin Sanchez, a Mechanical Engineering major and 2020 Union High School graduate
- Avery Thompson, a Liberal Arts major and 2020 Broken Arrow High School graduate
- Anna Wilson, a Liberal Arts major and earned GED in 2019
During the event, Kat Pacian, a Psychology major and 2017 Epic Charter Schools graduate, was presented with an Honors Certificate for completing at least 15 hours of honors classes.
The medallions and certificate were presented by Honors Program Coordinator Professor Allen Culpepper, with the assistance of Honors Professors Melissa Masse, Biology; Amanda Bailey, Biology; and Knox Brown; Political Science.
Culpepper addressed the audience briefly on the distinction between intellectual travelers and mere intellectual tourists, urging students to make the most of their educational experience.
The TCC Honors Program is part of the college’s Division of Engaged Learning, headed by Dean Cindy Shanks.