OACC 2019 Conference Dates and Submission Deadlines
The annual Oklahoma Association of Community Colleges conferences are coming up fast. The Support Staff conference takes place at Rose State College on Sept. 27. The 52nd Annual OACC Conference takes place at Oklahoma City Community College Oct. 4.
Proposals for presentations and submissions for Great Ideas For Teaching (GIFT) and Creative Staff Innovations (CSI) awards are now being accepted. The deadline for all submissions is Friday, Aug. 30, 2019.
This year six presentation strands have been selected:
- Topics of high interest include classroom technology, student engagement, cross discipline, teaching strategies, Quality Matters, STEM Disciplines Best Practices.
- Student Success Best Practices
- Topics of high interest include developmental education redesign, accelerated completion strategies, proactive advising, student support services, special needs students, transfer, and retention, how faculty deals with challenges.
- Workforce Development Best Practices
- Topics of high interest include industry and regional partnerships, career and technical training, veterans, career paths, gainful employment, cooperative alliances.
- Administration and Leadership
- Topics of high interest include campus safety, accreditation, human resources management, outcomes assessment, data management, grant writing, alumni relations and fundraising, emergency management.
- Global Education
- Topics of high interest include best practices study abroad, curriculum, cooperative projects.
- Other Special Interest
- Topics of high interest that are not included in the presentation strands listed above.
Call for Proposal Online Form - (link no longer available)
GREAT IDEAS FOR TEACHING (GIFT)
The Great Ideas for Teaching (GIFT) program is open to all community college instructors, full-time or part-time, in any discipline. GIFT facilitates the sharing of ideas to inspire faculty, advance great ideas, and generate new ones. The conference planning committee selects 2 submissions to receive $500 award each.
FORMAT FOR SUBMITTING YOUR AWARD ENTRY
- The Rationale
- The pedagogical problem or issue addressed
- The Idea
- Impact on Students
Contact Information (this line centered)
- Position or Department
- Phone Number
Entries must not exceed two pages single spaced. Please send your entry as an attached Word document and email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, Aug. 30, 2019.
CREATIVE STAFF INNOVATIONS (CSI)
Many great ideas are created and implemented at our Oklahoma community colleges. Through its Creative Staff Innovation (CSI) Award, OACC recognizes these groundbreaking ideas and the staff members who originated them. OACC publishes the award winners each year in the CSI Anthology.
The CSI Award is a program in which full-time and part-time staff members have the opportunity to share their great ideas and demonstrate how these ideas have brought about positive change on their campus. This award is intended for staff only. The conference planning committee selects 3 submissions to receive awards. 1st place is $250, 2nd $150 and 3rd $100. Deadline for submissions is Friday, Aug. 30, 2019.