TCC Account Password Changes
Beginning on Oct. 31, all TCC students and employees will be required to change their TCC account password every 180 days. This change is being made to help strengthen the college’s IT security practices and better align TCC with established security standards.
If you have not changed your password in the last 180 days, it is highly recommended you do so before this new standard takes effect. Notification will be sent seven days prior to account lockout based on password age starting on Oct. 24.
How to Update Your Password
If you are on campus, you can log in to a TCC computer, press Ctrl + Alt + Del, then select the Change a Password option.
- You can also update your password from anywhere by using the Self Service Account Manager.
Will I have to change my current password?
If your password has not been updated in 180 days then yes, you will be required to change it. If you fall into this category, we recommend preemptively changing your password at your earliest convenience so you are not forced to do so the day the new guidelines take effect.
What are the new password requirements?
- Your password must be a minimum of 8 characters in length
- It must include a combination of lower and upper case letters, and one numerical character or one special character (#%^!)
- It cannot be the same as your previous 6 passwords
- It must be changed every 180 days
How will I be notified when my password is about to expire?
Starting the day the new guidelines take effect, you will receive the following notifications:
- 14 days prior to your password’s expiration date, you will receive a pop-up message if logging into any TCC campus Windows computer
- 7 days prior to your password’s expiration date, you will receive an email notification sent to your TCC email address
- 3 days prior to your password’s expiration date, you will receive an email notification sent to your TCC email address AND a text message sent to your personal cell number
- 1 day prior to your password’s expiration date, you will receive a final email notification sent to your TCC email address
How can I change my password?
From a TCC campus computer
- After logging in to a computer, hit Ctrl + Alt + Del and select Change a password from the menu
TCC Self-Service Account Manager
TCC has developed a new password management application called TCC Self-Service Account Manager. This new application has replaced the existing Password Manager app and will give TCC employees and students the ability to:
- Change their TCC password from anywhere
- Set-up or update security questions
- Update personal contact information for the app
- Manage password notification settings
A guide on how to use the new TCC Self-Service Account Manager app, along with other supplemental material, will be provided in an upcoming email at launch.