As an employee of the College, you have access to OneDrive, SharePoint, and shared drives. These collaboration tools provide you with the ability to work together without having to travel from campus to campus. These tools also allow you to store important information for your division, department, or School.
The table below describes the differences between the three to help you determine which is best for you.
- Document Repository
- Not accessible off campus without VPN access
- A good place to store proprietary information that should not be stored in the cloud
- Maps to employee’s profile
- Usually 2 GB of space
- Document repository
- Tied to owner’s profile/email address
- Best for personal files
- May store up to 1 TB of files
- Works well for small groups (2-3 people)
- Cloud-based – OneDrive can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection
- Document repository and collaboration tool.
- Not tied to an owner or email address
- Cloud-based - SharePoint can be accessed anywhere with an internet connection
- Works well for large groups (5+ people)
- Best for group files
- Unlimited storage capacity
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Andy Taylor at email@example.com or
Elizabeth Szkirpan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TCC’s provision of SharePoint and OneDrive are examples of HLC’s Core Component 5, which looks to the resources that an institution provides to support educational programs.