My Dream / Mi Sueño Scholarship
- Student must be a graduating High School senior in Tulsa or Rogers County
- Must have a minimum High School cumulative GPA of 2.0
- Must enroll in TCC as a degree-seeking student
- Student must not receive any state or federal financial aid
- Award recipients will be required to attend an orientation at the Tulsa Community College Education Outreach Center for an introduction to Tulsa Community College advising services during the first semester of enrollment
- Student must complete the online application for both Tulsa Community College admissions and the My Dream scholarship
- Renewable with 2.0 semester GPA
- Student must complete a minimum of nine hours per semester with a passing grade
- Students must provide an official transcript of grades and a schedule of upcoming classes for each semester
- In the event a student's semester GPA falls below 2.0, or student does not pass 9-credit hours he or she will be on probation and will be required to submit an essay detailing lessons learned and plans for improving GPA going forward
- Award annually for up to three years or 63-credit hours (whichever comes first)
- Scholarship award is for up to $2,400 per semester for fall/spring for a maximum of six consecutive semesters
- Summer award will be determined by academic performance during the previous spring semester
How to apply
Students can apply by going to My Dream Scholarship.
Note, the scholarship application cannot be saved.
Please have ready:
- annual household income, and
- your 500–1000 word essay answering
- Why do you want to go to college and why do you think education is important?
- What challenges make going to college difficult for you? And
- What are your long term goals?
The deadline to apply is 5 p.m., May 15, 2020.
For more information contact the Outreach Center Staff (918) 595-2020
* Scholarship is privately funded; requirements, deadlines and funding are at the discretion of the donor and subject to change.