Student Disability Complaints and Grievance Appeals Process
Students may register complaints or grievances regarding attitudinal barriers, and accessibility issues they encounter in Tulsa Community College activities, programs, or services. This procedure outlined below has been implemented to:
- Identify a formal means for students to contest the denial of accommodations, curricular modifications, or course waivers
- Address attitudinal barriers and accessibility issues regarding TCC activities, programs, and services
- Provide feedback from students to improve the delivery of academic support services
Reporting a Formal ADA/504 Complaint regarding a Qualified Disability Accommodation
Students who believe they are not receiving a qualified disability accommodation should file a written complaint. The complaint submitted must have occurred within the last 180 days. The Dean of Students & Accessibility will investigate and respond to the student in writing within 15 business days of submission of the complaint.
Appeals Process regarding a Qualified Disability Accommodation
Students may appeal the decision of the Dean of Students & Accessibility by submitting a written appeal within 15 days of the original decision. The Associate Vice President for Student Success or designee will accept an appeal of the decision of the Dean of Students & Accessibility if the appeal cites at least one of the following reasons:
- New information is available which may suggest a modification of the decision;
- The decision was not in accordance with the evidence presented.
The Associate Vice President for Student Success or designee has 15 business days, upon receiving the appeal through the online form, to notify the complainant of the decision.
The Associate Vice President for Student Success or designee may take any of the following actions relating to the appeal:
- Uphold the original decision of the Dean or designee
- Modify the original decision of the Dean or designee
- Vacate the previous decision and request a new determination by the Dean or designee
Complaints Based on Disability Discrimination
Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against or harassed because of a disability should file a written complaint or email the Director of Civil Rights Compliance/Title IX Coordinator at TCCDiscriminations@tulsacc.edu. The Discrimination, Harassment, or Retaliation Policy can be found at Civil Rights Compliance.