The Pam McGowan scholarship application is part of the TCC Foundation Scholarship Application system. The link below will take you to the application system where you will create a scholarship account if you haven't done so already--it may indicate that it is a survey, but it is an application. You may be asked to use your TCC credentials to sign in before being redirected to the application system. Once you have completed the application, the system will automatically submit your information for all available TCC scholarships for which you qualify. You have to be signed into MyTCC before trying the Scholarship Information Release (also known as:"Survey" or "Scholarship signup") link that is on the scholarship information page.
The Pam McGowan Scholarship
The Accessibility Resources (AR) is proud to present the 2019 Pamela McGowan Scholarship. Eight students will be selected to receive one $500 scholarship to be used for tuition, fees, books, and academic (tutoring) assistance for the Spring 2019 semester. These scholarships are generously and graciously funded by the TCC Foundation as a means of creating an educational environment that fosters academic success and removes educational barriers from college students.
TCC students with a documented learning, emotional or physical disability:
- Who are registered with Accessibility Resources
- Have a 2.5 GPA
- Are currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
When Does the Application Process Start?
Check with the scholarship page as mentioned above. Recipients of the Pamela McGowan Accessibility Resources Scholarship will be notified via email.
To make the application process easier, have the items below available before starting:
- A statement indicating personal, professional and career goals
- A statement indicating extra-curricular Activities
- A statement indicating self-advocacy and self-determination strategies used in high school and college
- A statement indicating the impact that the Accessibility Resources has had on continuing your education
- A statement indicating the impact of your disability on your educational goals
- The contact information, i.e., full name (first and last), email address, and telephone number (with area code) of a professor, current employer, minister, vocational rehabilitation professional, or director/academic counselor not affiliated with the Accessibility Resources office who can provide a letter of recommendation. Please notify this individual of your application for the Pamela McGowan Scholarship so that he/she can be aware of an email that will be sent to him/her requesting this letter.