Complaints and Grievances


The purpose of the Accommodation Complaint Process is to provide a way to address concerns related to student accommodation requests. Students, Faculty, and staff with concerns regarding student accommodations should follow the same procedure.

Students and Faculty are encouraged to work with their campus disability office to resolve complaints. At any time an individual can request a review by the Education Access Center Director or file a formal complaint.

Accomodation Concerns

Students and faculty are encouraged to work with their campus disability resource offices, Education Access Center or the Resource Center for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, to address any concerns they may have regarding accommodations throughout the semester. Professional staff will engage the student and other stakeholders in an interactive process to determine a course of action to be agreed upon and implemented as soon as possible.

Informal Complaint

If the concern is not resolved at the campus level, the complainant should contact the Education Access Center Director at the Metro Campus. The Director will review the campus determination and work to resolve the complaint within ten (10) business days.

Formal Complaint

Any individual who is still dissatisfied with a determination of disability or student accommodation may file a written formal complaint with the ADA Compliance Officer for Student Accommodations. Individuals may file a formal complaint at any time during the informal process. Filing a formal complaint terminates the informal process.

Formal complaints should contain:

  • First and Last name
  • TCC ID number
  • Date
  • Statement clearly documenting the basis for the complaint
  • Requested resolution
  • Signature of Complainant
  • Optional: Attachments of supporting evidence

Formal complaints should be submitted to:

Kaye Ellis, Civil Rights Compliance Administrator
Tulsa Community College


Grievance Process



Individuals who believe they have been discriminated against on the basis of disability may file a complaint with the Civil Rights Compliance Administrator. The Civil Rights Compliance Administrator has been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies.  A general complaint process is available to all students with the Dean of Student Affairs located on each main campus.