To fulfill its vision, the Department of Allied Health values:
- A learner centered environment in which learning is celebrated as an interactive and reciprocal process
- Responsiveness to change
- Academic excellence
- Diversity as a celebration of the unique richness all individuals bring to our community
- A legal, moral, ethical, and social responsibility to employers, clients, patients and the public
- Service to students, to each other and our community
- Collaboration with community partners and commitment to cultivating workforce development initiatives and partnerships
- Encouraging self-directed learning and fostering opportunities that build personal accountability and transferable skills
- Team work as a commitment to working together toward student success
- Conservation and appropriate allocation of resources and the integration of a green environment in all Department physical facilities
The Department of Allied Health will be recognized at the state, regional, and national level for excellence in providing relevant and innovative, accessible, affordable and high quality, educational programs by being learner-centered and responsive to student needs through service-education partnerships and emerging technologies that contribute to individual achievement and transforms lives to meet extraordinary challenges of the health care field with commitment and social responsibility.
The TCC Department of Allied Health is a learner-centered division synergized through the collaboration of students, faculty, staff, administration, and stakeholders with a common goal of preparing uniquely qualified personnel who will meet the challenges of the complex and ever-changing health care delivery system and remain responsive to the communities we serve.