Student Support Services - TRiO SSS
The TRiO Student Support Services Office is located in Room 1020 of the Main Academic Building in the Metro Campus. The office is situated directly across from Academic Advising. The TRiO SSS Learning Center is located in Room 306 of the Main Academic Building.
Office and Learning Center Hours
Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Fridays 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
For More Information
Please contact (918) 595-8970
What is the TRiO Student Support Services program?
The TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Program at the Metro Campus of Tulsa Community college is committed to the academic success of students who demonstrate an academic need and meet at least one of the following criteria:
- First Generation(neither parent has earned a four year baccalaureate degree)
- Low Income(as determined by federal guidelines)
- Students with documented disabilities and registered with the Education Access Center (located in 331B Metro Campus, call (918)595-7115 for assistance).
What services does the SSS program provide?
The TRiO SSS Program assists selected students with navigating the college through the following services:
- Academic advising
- Tutoring, available with professional tutors and work-study tutors
- Access to the TRiO SSS Learning Center, which includes a computer lab and study space
- Financial aid application assistance
- Informational workshops on various topics
- Career exploration
- Personal counseling
- Cultural events
- Assistance with college transfer plans, including campus visits
- Membership in the RISE Student Association (RSA)
Selection to the program includes an application and interview process. Program services are offered at no cost through a federal grant from the U.S. Department of Education.
- Current student must fill out the 2014-2015 TRiO SSS Application (Available as a PDF here).
- Student must complete the personal statement (review the application checklist for more information on this).
- Student must submit a copy of their 2013 completed Federal Tax Return (Independent Students), or their Parent’s 2013 completed Federal Tax Return (Dependent Students). Independent/Dependent status is based on the FAFSA definition, please visit the TCC financial aid link to access more information about FAFSA and TCC Financial Aid. Independent students that DID NOT file taxes in 2013 need to complete and sign our income verification form.
- All items should be submitted as one packet to the TRiO SSS Program office: TCC Metro Campus, Suite 1020, 909 S. Boston Ave., Tulsa, OK, 74112; or they may be scanned and e-mailed; or faxed to (918) 595-8972.
- Students will be contacted for an interview. Please provide two contact phone numbers.
|Student Application.pdf||403.86 KB|
|Income Verification.pdf||79.63 KB|