If you are a junior or senior in high school, you can enroll in classes at Tulsa Community College while still in high school. It’s called Concurrent High School Enrollment.
Concurrent enrollment allows you to get a head start on college by enrolling in college level courses while you complete your high school diploma. You will have earned college hours before you graduate high school.
At TCC, we encourage high school students who meet certain academic and testing requirements to for college admissions and complete the . Here is what we require:
Concurrent High School Admission Policy
In order to apply for college admission, high school students must meet Oklahoma eligibility requirements.
- Begin your college career by applying for admissions by clicking the link: APPLY FOR ADMISSION
- Admission to the College does not guarantee eligibility for course placement.
- All students must be juniors or seniors (junior status begins in the summer semester after the 10th grade) and eligible to graduate from high school in the spring of their senior year. (Students who attend unaccredited high schools and home schools must have completed enough high school coursework to be equivalent to an individual who is classified as a junior or senior at an accredited high school). Additionally, all students must meet the criterion below.
Students not qualified by grade level may be considered for Opportunity Admissions (policy requirements: Okhighered.org).
Concurrent High School Enrollment Policy
All other students not qualified by grade level may be considered for enrollment under the Opportunity Admissions category (Counselors’ Corner, Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education Concurrent Policy).
In order to enroll in a college course, high school students must be proficient in the area in which they wish to enroll. Proficiency is determined by ACT subject scores.
Enrollment may not exceed 19 credit hours per long semester for combined high school and college credit hour load or nine credit hours in the summer.Students who have provided the required documents and meet the proficiency scores above may enroll in courses under the following Regents concurrent student criteria:
- Zero level courses (intended for remediation or curricular or performance deficiency) and physical education activity courses are not eligible for concurrent enrollment.
- Re-enrollment is contingent upon the student maintaining a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA at TCC.
Attend College Early (ACE) Tuition Waiver Policy
Contact Concurrent Enrollment
Melissa Steadley, Director of Concurrent Enrollment Programs Phone: 918-595-7959 Email: email@example.com
Deleise Brewer, Coordinator of Concurrent Enrollment Programs Phone: 918-595-7961 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
EuWanda Sayles, Concurrent Enrollment Programs Support Phone: 918-595-4705 Email: email@example.com