Child Development Certificate - Certificate of Mastery
Launch your child care career with TCC's Child Development Certificate. Learn, grow, and make a difference!
About the Program
- Designed for students already working in childcare who want to progress in their careers or those considering a career in childcare.
- Aligned with the standards set by the National Association for the Education of Young Children Early Childhood Associate Degree Accreditation (NAEYC).
Join our Child Development Certificate program designed for those in child care. Advance your skills in early childhood or family programs.
When you complete this program, you'll have the skills to:
- Exhibit NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and Developmentally Appropriate Practices.
- Identify themselves as members of the education profession.
- Apply major theories of child growth and development to children’s needs.
- Utilize information from formal and informal assessment and observation.
For success, secure a "C" or better in coursework. Complete a self-funded criminal background check. Submit background information and check consent forms. Apply for CDA National Credential with 480 hours of child-related experience. Credits from CDA prep courses count towards TCC Child Development Associate degree. Details in the catalog.
Become a full-time student at TCC and complete our Child Development Certificate in just two semesters (15 hours per semester). Milestones provided each semester to guide your progress. Customize your plan with help from an academic advisor. Start your journey now!
Join the CHLD student organization if you're interested in child development and early childhood education. Open to all students, regardless of major. Connect with us for exciting activities each semester.
Careers in Child Development
Don't miss out on the opportunity to connect with our Career Services professionals. Schedule a session now to explore the comprehensive range of complimentary resources available for career planning and job preparation.