Tulsa Achieves Scholarship
Plan A: Start Here, Save Money
It’s really that simple.
It works like this: the Tulsa Achieves Scholarship provides every Tulsa County graduating high school senior (as long as they have a 2.0 GPA and are a U.S. Citizen or permanent resident) full tuition and fees. That’s your first 63-college credit hours (or three years of college, whichever comes first) taken care of. That’s an associate degree, done, and you’re halfway to your Bachelor’s degree for free.
Apply For Tulsa Achieves
Follow these steps to apply for the program. We recommend that you start the process in early October to allow time to complete each step.
Contact us with questions:
If you have already applied to TCC as a concurrently-enrolled high school student skip to step 2.
The FAFSA opens on December 1 for the following Academic Year and uses two years' prior-year tax information. You should elect to use the IRS Data Retrieval tool within the FAFSA for the fastest and easiest processing.
When prompted, enter the TCC School Code: 009763
Once finished, "sign" the form using your FSA ID.
Class of 2024 High School Graduates
The application will open on Oct 1, 2023.
Class of 2023 High School Graduates
Class of 2023 High School graduates who reside in Tulsa County, complete your Tulsa Achieves form through the Admission Application portal. Sign in using your admission application login credentials. Available until Oct 13 for 2023 grads.
If you need assistance with your admissions application login information, contact the Admission & Prospective Student office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 918-595-8000.
Students graduating from accredited high schools can use their GPA for placement. Non-accredited graduates will need to submit ACT/SAT scores and/or take the Accuplacer placement test.
New Student Orientation is required of all incoming Tulsa Achieves students. During orientation, you will learn more about your new school, meet with an academic advisor, and enroll!
Your transcript must list your graduation date and final unweighted GPA on a 4.0 scale.
Only Tulsa County seniors graduating in the current academic year are eligible to apply.Full Eligibility Requirements
The innovative Tulsa Achieves Scholarship program provides tuition-free education for graduating high school seniors of any high school—public, private, or homeschooled—who live in Tulsa county.
To be eligible for Tulsa Achieves, you must:
- Reside in Tulsa County
- Apply to Tulsa Achieves as a high school senior
- Graduate from a public or private high school, or home school
- Graduate High School with at least a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Must attend TCC the Fall after high school graduation.
- Be a U.S. Citizen or Legal resident of the U.S.
Tulsa Achieves funding is pro-rated based on the number of years a student lived in Tulsa County during high school.
- All 4 years of high school as a Tulsa County resident - 100% of the balance
- Sophomore, junior & senior years completed as a Tulsa County resident - 75% of the balance
- Junior & senior years completed as a Tulsa County resident - 50% of the balance
- Senior year completed as a Tulsa County resident - 25% of the balance
Maintaining Program Eligibility
To remain eligible, once a TCC student, you must:
- Maintain Tulsa County residency
- Maintain good academic standing
- Earn a 1.7 GPA with 30 attempted credit hours or less
- Earn a 2.0 GPA with 31 attempted credit hours or more
- Complete at least 67% of attempted coursework, cumulatively
- Complete at least 3 credit hours with a passing grade each fall and spring semester
- Complete a FAFSA each year
- Complete 40 hours of volunteer service each academic year
- Complete the course, College Success (COLL 1003)