Non-Teacher Certification Transfer - Child Development, A.S.
Start your career in child development! Explore child advocacy and family support in our A.S. program.
About the Program
- This program is for students who want to have a professional career in community agencies and programs that help children and families.
- Career options include roles like child and parenting practitioner, family life educator, child policy and advocacy, Head Start agencies, and more.
- It's important to note that this degree does not prepare students for teacher certification.
- The TCC program for Child Development and Education follows the standards set by the National Association for the Education of Young Children Early Childhood Associate Degree Accreditation.
Discover our Child Development A.S. program. Prepare for diverse careers in child advocacy, parenting support, and more.
After successfully completing this program, you will have the ability to:
- Apply major theories of child growth and development to children’s needs.
- Utilize information from formal and informal assessment and observation.
- Plan developmentally appropriate activities.
- Design curriculum that integrates knowledge of inclusive practice.
- Make professional choices based on NAEYC documents.
- Examine personal and professional goals.
Learn about classes and credits needed for your child development journey. See the requirements.
Plan your route to a rewarding career in child development. Check out the program map.
The CHLD student organization, officially known as the "Professional Association of Childhood Educators" since 2003, welcomes all students, whether they're CHLD majors or not, who have an interest in child development and early childhood education.
Our activities include DHS-accredited child care training, field trips, social events, community service projects, and orientation support for new CHLD students at West Campus. Learn more about CHLD Organization.
Careers in Child Development
Don't miss out on the opportunity to connect with our Career Services professionals. Schedule a session now to explore the comprehensive range of complimentary resources available for career planning and job preparation.
Seamless Transfer: Your Next Chapter Awaits
TCC is your launchpad to success. Our program ensures a smooth transition from TCC to your chosen university, helping you save on costs while pursuing quality education. Get ready to transfer your TCC credits and step confidently into your bright future.