Rehabilitation Sciences & Medical Imaging - Pre-Professional Health Sciences, A.S.
Launch a healthcare career with TCC's Pre-Professional Health Sciences program. Be part of a healthcare team. Discover your path to success.
About the Program
- Do you like to help others?
- Are you interested in being a vital part of a healthcare team?
- Would you like to work with advanced medical equipment or directly with patients to help diagnose illnesses or restore physical function?
- If so, then a career in physical therapy, occupational therapy, or medical imaging sciences (such as nuclear medicine, radiography, radiation therapy, or sonography) could be an excellent choice for you.
- At TCC, you can expect:
- Expert instruction in mathematical, physical, social, and biological sciences, as well as the liberal arts.
- Graduating with a degree that prepares you to transfer to a four-year university and pursue your Bachelor's degree in a biological sciences program or in a medical imaging program of your choice.
- If you choose our Pre-PT or Pre-OT emphasis, this degree aligns with the prerequisite requirements for post-baccalaureate programs in Physical Therapy or Occupational Therapy.
Embark on a journey to help others in healthcare. Learn through expert instruction in sciences and liberal arts. Explore your options for a rewarding career.
After successfully completing this program, you will have the ability to:
- Apply core concepts of biology to biological processes.
- Apply the scientific method.
- Illustrate scientific data.
- Integrate concepts from several disciplines around a clinical theme.
- Communicate biological information through oral, written, or digital presentation techniques.
- Discuss issues involving biology in society.
- Use proper laboratory techniques
- Evaluate scientific literature.
- Describe body movements with anatomical terminology.
- Describe musculoskeletal pathologies with anatomical terminology.
- Identify anatomical features with medical imagery.
Ready to start? Check out our program requirements for a comprehensive view of what it takes.
Pre-Professional Health Sciences
Careers in Rehabilitation Sciences & Medical Imaging
Don't miss out on the opportunity to connect with our Career Services professionals. Schedule a session now to explore the comprehensive range of complimentary resources available for career planning and job preparation.
Seamless Transfer: Your Next Chapter Awaits
TCC is your launchpad to success. Our program ensures a smooth transition from TCC to your chosen university, helping you save on costs while pursuing quality education. Get ready to transfer your TCC credits and step confidently into your bright future.