Teacher Certification Transfer - Child Development, A.S.
Teach in public schools with our Child Development A.S. program. Start your journey today.
About the Program
- This program is for students interested in teaching in public schools.
- It focuses on early childhood education (PreK - 3rd Grade) or elementary education (1 - 8th grades).
- To plan your courses, consult the transfer university's catalog and work with a TCC academic advisor.
- You need to earn a grade of “C” or better in your coursework.
- To be admitted to a four-year university, you must maintain a GPA of 2.75 or higher.
- The TCC School of Child Development and Education follows the standards of the National Association for the
- Education of Young Children Early Childhood Associate degree accreditation.
Unlock the path to a teaching career in public schools with our Child Development A.S. program. Gain essential knowledge and skills.
After successfully completing this program, you will have the ability to:
- Utilize information from formal and informal assessment and observation.
- Plan developmentally appropriate activities.
- Design curriculum that integrates knowledge of inclusive practice.
- Examine personal and professional goals.
Discover the program requirements, including coursework and GPA standards. Get all the details in the catalog.
Plan your academic journey with our program map. See the courses you'll take and milestones to your teaching career in the catalog.
The CHLD student organization, officially known as the "Professional Association of Childhood Educators" since 2003, welcomes all students, whether they're CHLD majors or not, who have an interest in child development and early childhood education.
Our activities include DHS-accredited child care training, field trips, social events, community service projects, and orientation support for new CHLD students at West Campus. Learn more about CHLD Organization.
Careers in Child Development
Don't miss out on the opportunity to connect with our Career Services professionals. Schedule a session now to explore the comprehensive range of complimentary resources available for career planning and job preparation.
Seamless Transfer: Your Next Chapter Awaits
TCC is your launchpad to success. Our program ensures a smooth transition from TCC to your chosen university, helping you save on costs while pursuing quality education. Get ready to transfer your TCC credits and step confidently into your bright future.