This program prepares the student with the necessary knowledge and skills to gain employment as a biomedical equipment technician. The biomedical equipment technician is qualified for positions in medical research and development, operation calibration, and maintenance of medical equipment for hospitals, equipment suppliers, and manufacturers.
Upon completion of the program, the graduate may apply for the certification test given by the board of examiners for the International Certification Commission for the Certified Biomedical Equipment Technician.
Workforce Development Degree Information
Workforce development degree and certificate programs are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the workforce. They may advance students within their current career positions or open doors to new career opportunities. Coursework may apply towards a degree at a four-year university; check with an advisor for further information. The number of hours that apply to a degree will vary from one university to another.
- Electronics Technology Certificate, Electronics Technician
- Electronics Technology Certificate, Biomedical Equipment Technology Option
- Electronics Technology Certificate, Electrical Substation Technology
- Electronics Technology, A.A.S. - Electrical Substation Technology
- Electronics Technology, A.A.S. - Electronics Technologist