This program will train technicians to work in the electrical substation environment. Students will learn about high voltage safety, operations, testing of power components such as transformers, relays, and control systems operation and programming. Upon completion, the student will have the background to work for a power utility company or the many companies that support the power industry with equipment, test and installation, and industry specific software.
Workforce Development Degree Information
Workforce development degree and certificate programs are designed to prepare students for direct entry into the workforce. They may advance students within their current career positions or open doors to new career opportunities. Coursework may apply towards a degree at a four-year university; check with an advisor for further information. The number of hours that apply to a degree will vary from one university to another.
- Electronics Technology, A.A.S. - Biomedical Equipment
- Electronics Technology Certificate, Electronics Technician
- Electronics Technology Certificate, Biomedical Equipment Technology Option
- Electronics Technology, A.A.S. - Electrical Substation Technology
- Electronics Technology, A.A.S. - Electronics Technologist